Love you guys

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

JulesMartin
Bongolier

Love you guys

Post by JulesMartin » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:48 am

In a related post a few days ago I followed a link to another post "Re: coolant flow - (follow up to cooling diagram)". A really interesting post that discusses by and large the flow of the cooling system and in particular the part the thermostat plays and in minute detail, the part that the jiggle pin plays in the operation of the thermostat. I in no way wish to re-open that post. What I would like to say is that over the 41 pages of posts and 609 postings there was not a bad word said between any of the people posting. Most, I add are still here posting!
The original post was put on in 2010 and carried over to 2011. Ten years later most of you are all still here and all still chatting and getting along very nicely thank you.
All I'm saying is that I think this illustrates what a great forum this is and long may you continue. What a great little creature the Bongo is that it can instil so much passion for it that continues and persists long after the mark has died and gone. If you think I'm over egging this take a look at any of the VW camper forums and see how long it takes for people posting on there to start sniping and jibbing at each other. Love to you all xx
Martin
1996 2.5 TDi Silver pop top unconverted
Doone
Supreme Being

Re: Love you guys

Post by Doone » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:53 pm

Thanks for this! :) We've always tried to keep the forum friendly and supportive. =D>
I remember that thread of posts being added to day by day, so everyone could understand the cooling system. A lot of testing, meetings, messages, phone calls and combined effort went into it. Steve Widdowson produced his fascinating diagrams. Pretty awesome posts really. 8)

Cooling system diagrams:
https://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum ... =3&t=35902

Coolant flow:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36433&hilit=Tray
Allan's closed. in Plymouth we recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:41 pm

Thankyou for the kind comments, and obviously agree with Doone.

I'm also delighted to say we have made many close and long term friends through the Forum and attending Meets over the years, and alway delighted to make new friends in the future. 8)
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:46 am

JulesMartin wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:48 am In a related post a few days ago I followed a link to another post "Re: coolant flow - (follow up to cooling diagram)". A really interesting post that discusses by and large the flow of the cooling system and in particular the part the thermostat plays and in minute detail, the part that the jiggle pin plays in the operation of the thermostat. I in no way wish to re-open that post. What I would like to say is that over the 41 pages of posts and 609 postings there was not a bad word said between any of the people posting. Most, I add are still here posting!
The original post was put on in 2010 and carried over to 2011. Ten years later most of you are all still here and all still chatting and getting along very nicely thank you.
All I'm saying is that I think this illustrates what a great forum this is and long may you continue. What a great little creature the Bongo is that it can instil so much passion for it that continues and persists long after the mark has died and gone. If you think I'm over egging this take a look at any of the VW camper forums and see how long it takes for people posting on there to start sniping and jibbing at each other. Love to you all xx
Its a much better place than Facebook but sadly we can't stop the stampede to Suckerbergville hey ho you'll find me there also :?
Treetalk
Bongonaut

Post by Treetalk » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:44 pm

Yes, I think the forum is great also. So much accessible information, time to think and respond, and you can look up past thread subjects easily, and there's alot of help esp from some people who really give so much. I'm also on Facebook sometimes, which is good for more immediate stuff I think, but obviously not quite the same.

Return to “Bongo Chat”