Newbie with daft question

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

espressobongo
Apprentice Bongonaut

Newbie with daft question

Post by espressobongo » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:01 pm

Hello everyone. Collected my bongo 2 days ago and am delighted with it. We're still getting to know each other and I have what you will probably think is a silly question. How do you fill up the fresh water tank? It's next to the sink with a lockable cap; do I just stick a funnel in there and pour water in or is there a better way?
Thanks.
JulesMartin
Bongolier

Re: Newbie with daft question

Post by JulesMartin » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:53 pm

Sorry can't help you with that one, you'll probably need to be more specific as it sounds as though your one is a full campervan conversion. Welcome to the club though hope you have a great time here as I'm sure you will. If it's any help at all I had a VW T25 before i saw the light and that had a fresh water filler cap and I just used to pour water in until it came out and that seemed to be ok.
Martin
1996 2.5 TDi Silver pop top unconverted
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:52 pm

Watering can. :wink:
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:23 pm

Presumably its external with a lockable cap?
If so at Home I use the garden hose with a "jet" nozzle fitting as it slides inside.
Out an about then I use a collapsible water carrier and found a funnel (with built in filter) which has had an extension hose length added and the nozzle of the funnel is fitted to that,
or the extended nozzle is attached direct to the water carrier which is even easier if your on your own, provided you don't overfill the carrier!
This one is the same on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flexible-Funne ... 07G2928VX/
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
espressobongo
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by espressobongo » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:47 am

That's really helpful, thank you very much, I've ordered from the Amazon link, together with a collapsible carrier.
Best wishes.

Return to “Bongo Chat”