Pre purchase checks

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Linz
Apprentice Bongonaut

Pre purchase checks

Post by Linz » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:53 pm

I am looking at buying a campervan from JAL. The challenge is that I am in New Zealand and need the camper to be ready when I arrive in the UK, which means that will have to buy sight unseen (possibly not such an issue as it might sound as even if I did see the vehicle, with my lack of mechanical knowledge, I doubt that I would be any the wiser!) I am wondering if anyone can recommend someone in the area who could do an independent pre purchase check?

I will ask for all the information that Phil is able to provide about the vehicle and get advice from that, but is there any other "due diligence" the I should / could do? I would be very grateful for any words of wisdom.
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Pre purchase checks

Post by Bob » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:28 am

Hi, and welcome aboard.

To be honest I'd recommend Phil to check it over for you.

He has a good reputation on here and I trust him. Ours came from JAL 12 years ago and I've been very happy with it.

I would perhaps have a couple of nights nearby when you collect it just in case there's a minor tweak or two, but you'll be fine with him. :wink:

I can recommend sites near him if you need one. 8)
Linz
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Linz » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:32 am

Thanks for that, Bob. I chose to go with JAL because of all the positive reports I have seen, and it is good to get further confirmation.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:18 am

Feel free to have a look a the 'Fancy Meeting Up' section and join us at any get together you like the sound of. 8)

Great company and unlimited Bongo chat, jokes, more Bongo chat, more jokes... :D

Return to “Bongo Chat”