Sleeping in pop up roof

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Claredebathe
Apprentice Bongonaut

Sleeping in pop up roof

Post by Claredebathe » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:50 pm

Okay so I am very new to this and this is a very stupid question but its just me and three kids and can’t find the answer online! I’m planning to have two kids upstairs in pop up roof with flap closed (no cat flap) and two downstairs. If all the vents upstairs are zipped closed and flap down is it safe for sleeping re air quality or do flaps need to be open?
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Sleeping in pop up roof

Post by Bob » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:14 pm

Hi, welcome aboard. :)

I've slept upstairs with Mrs B and had no problems with air supply, but (of course #-o ) can't remember if the vent was open. :?

Since I guess you won't be doing this until spring I'd just leave the eyebrow vent at the front open a bit, more ventilation if it's a scorching summer.

The little round, spring loaded, cover near the sliding door is so you can shove your arm up and wake sleeping babes in the attic. :wink:

I'd recommend a Meet if you can make one, all family friendly and lots of help and advice from old lags if needed, great frienships to be made, too. 8)
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:43 pm

There are ventilation pockets at the rear of the tent, they open into the space behind the aft hinges. My wife slept up there all the time (other than when driving :-) ) no problems what so ever.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:28 am

Makes sense Geoff.

I couldn't imagine they would build a sleeping area which would be sealed off to suffocate occupants. 8)

Return to “Bongo Chat”