Jap Autos Southampton?

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

thebadlizard
Apprentice Bongonaut

Jap Autos Southampton?

Post by thebadlizard » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:19 am

Hi all,

I've been stalking this forum silently for months - it's been a great resource for someone like me who is planning on taking the plunge for the first time!
I'm looking at petrol Bongos from ~1999 with ~100k miles, 8 seaters. There seems to be big overlap in terms of quality between 'fresh' imports and well looked after private sales, so I'm looking around.

Most fresh imports with the above criteria are slightly out of my price range (I'm looking at around £7-8k). There are some at Jap Autos (Southampton) which are around this mark, does anyone have experience of this dealer?

Thanks,

Chris
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Jap Autos Southampton?

Post by Bob » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:46 am

Don't know them I'm afraid, but welcome aboard. 8)
Flanners
Bongolier

Post by Flanners » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:02 am

I have been to this dealer as they get NorthStar Convesions to 'convert' their imports I believe, my van originally came from them as a fresh import/conversion in 2014 (I have all the paperwork and original auction document) with 28K miles on it. I had my swivel seat flattened last year and it was fitted in their yard by NothStar while I waited. I had a good look round their yard and was impressed with the quality of the vans they had in stock; my van has been brilliant; now has just under 46K miles and I am the second owner in the UK. I would say they are well established and were well worth a look. 12 months parts and labour with them too I think

Top quality low mileage freshly imported Bongo's are getting a bit rarer; the new kid's on the block are the Alphard and Elgrand; though Jap Auto's have a lovely 05 tin-top with 34K for 8.5K.
2002 2.0 Aero with Outback Conversion and Roof Top Tent
thebadlizard
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by thebadlizard » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:48 pm

Thanks Bob!

And thanks Flanners. Yeah I get that I'm jumping in at the tail end of the Bongo experience, seems that dealers are winding down their Bongo imports as the stock runs dry. I'll definitely give them a look, cheers!

Return to “Bongo Chat”