Awnings for bongo friendee

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

patsyann
Apprentice Bongonaut

Awnings for bongo friendee

Post by patsyann » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:07 am

Hello
I have bought a bongo friendee electric top registered in 1999 and would like to have a fiamma f45 awning fitted. Can this be done using external clips/the clips with the awning and is there anyone in Kent who would be able to help me please.
Thanks. Look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
Patsyann
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Awnings for bongo friendee

Post by g8dhe » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:34 am

I just use the standard Fiamma clamps for the VW T3 and Bongo;
This clamps onto the rain gutter and has plastic protector strips to avoid damaging the paintwork.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
patsyann
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by patsyann » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:38 pm

Thanks Geoff
That sounds like a plan. I hope to give it a go.
Best wishes,
Patsyann
patsyann
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by patsyann » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:52 pm

Hello again! Please can someone tell me where I can buy a Fiamma awning to fit on my Bongo. I have bought the Bongo awning canopy adapter brackets but now cannot get an awning to go with them!. Do I need an F35 or F45 and which size please so as to cover the sliding door but not obstruct the passenger door. . The brackets fit in the three places where the D loops are found on all bongos and the brackets fit into these.

Some informed/expert advice would be appreciated as I have only just bought the van and do want to get the most from it before the bad weather sets in.

Don't mind being knocked down in the rush of hints.
Thanks
Patsyann
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:36 pm

The length can be up to 2.6m this covers as much of the passenger door as is practical.
F45 is windout one person can do it on there own with ease.
F35 is manual rollout and lots of people say you need to two people too erect it.
I thought the mounting methods differed between F45 and F35 so I don't know which type of clamp you have or if it can be used on either ?
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
TheLongRoad
Bongolier

Post by TheLongRoad » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:49 am

I got the F35. Think it was the 2.7 metre - would have to measure to be sure. Try here https://www.thefiammacentre.co.uk/fiamm ... 5-pro.html I'd agree that two people is best, but one strong person could do it if pushed. The bracket between the passenger door and sliding door is a tight fit. Let me know if you want a photo (you'll have to let me have an email address via the PM system) Cheers

Edit, the F35 bracket is different to one in the illustration in the thread above. See here https://www.everythingfiamma.co.uk/p/87 ... 3-t25.html
2002 Friendee 2.0 ltr Petrol.
patsyann
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by patsyann » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:34 pm

Thank you to all who have sent advice. Much appreciated. I have sent back the incorrect fixings for the F35 which I originally ordered (the firm was very helpful, for which I am very relieved) and now await the VWT3 attachments as recommended. Wont be long before I am on the road with an awning to shield me from the burning sun (!) when I am safely parked up.

Best wishes to all
Patsyann
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:02 pm

Well done.

There's a couple of Meets coming up so do fee free to join us if you like. 8)

Return to “Bongo Chat”