Selling and no idea how to price

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Elbowpipe
Bongonaut

Selling and no idea how to price

Post by Elbowpipe » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:06 am

I have a '98 2.5 diesel autotop with fitted kitchen and hookup socket. Alloy wheels and fairly new tyres. However, it was severely neglected until I bought it. Since then I have had front and rear members replaced, rear wheel arches replaced, sills done (for MOT this year), reconditioned gearbox and engine, new exhaust and respray. There's still visible signs of rust under the bonnet and underneath will need to be revisited, although perhaps not for a couple of years. Electric blinds and roof work. 12 months MOT. Everything done I have receipts for. The engine came from Mazda Bongo Spares. I have no idea of the ballpark for this kind of 'project' (although at this age I suppose they are all projects?).

Even a ballpark within £1000 each way would help!
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Selling and no idea how to price

Post by Bob » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:34 am

Sadly this is impossible to answer, especially without seeing it. :wink:

I'd take a look at as many ads as possible and see what you recon, maybe auction?
Flanners
Bongolier

Post by Flanners » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:36 pm

Elbowpipe wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:06 am I have a '98 2.5 diesel autotop with fitted kitchen and hookup socket. Alloy wheels and fairly new tyres. However, it was severely neglected until I bought it. Since then I have had front and rear members replaced, rear wheel arches replaced, sills done (for MOT this year), reconditioned gearbox and engine, new exhaust and respray. There's still visible signs of rust under the bonnet and underneath will need to be revisited, although perhaps not for a couple of years. Electric blinds and roof work. 12 months MOT. Everything done I have receipts for. The engine came from Mazda Bongo Spares. I have no idea of the ballpark for this kind of 'project' (although at this age I suppose they are all projects?).

Even a ballpark within £1000 each way would help!
All you need to do is stick a phone number on the end of that query :roll:
2002 2.0 Aero with Outback Conversion and Roof Top Tent
Elbowpipe
Bongonaut

Post by Elbowpipe » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:01 pm

I think what I'm trying to say is should I expect to factor in all the work done to the price or is it just an indication of bad history? My inclination is that all vehicles over 20 years old are problem cases - "rust never sleeps" :)

Return to “Bongo Chat”