From one B-word to another

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Post Reply
User avatar
kandabongogirl
Bongonaut
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:38 pm
Location: Greater Manchester

From one B-word to another

Post by kandabongogirl » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:43 pm

I have been desperately waiting for the last 3 years for a new B-word to come along.
The old one is tired and jaded :)
Then like the proverbial bus a load of new ones come along at once.

OK so, I was wondering, apart from Bill, Ben, and Bob, what are your other favorite Bongo-words on here?

And am I allowed to add bongotastic and bongoliscious - which is my experience of browsing the forum so far?

kbg.
23 year old salt and pepper AFT who loves a twerk to a kandabongoman tune.
User avatar
Bob
Supreme Being
Posts: 13476
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:54 pm
Location: North Somerset

Re: From one B-word to another

Post by Bob » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:55 pm

Beer. 8)
Alcohol won't solve your problems, but neither will milk.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hcF9JSxkUSE
User avatar
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Posts: 22566
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:49 pm
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam
Contact:

Re: From one B-word to another

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:31 pm

Bob wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:55 pm
Beer. 8)
B..Scrumpy more like Ben :lol:
I Bongo, therefore I am...
Bongoing, BonGoing, BonGone
User avatar
Muzorewa
Supreme Being
Posts: 5189
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Team Muz HQ, Outer Bongolia
Contact:

Re: From one B-word to another

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:44 pm

Normal B-words (on a family-friendly forum) would be things like barbecue, bockwürst, bratwürst and burgers. Maybe Bordeaux, Burgundy or Beaujolais if you're into a spot of red and maybe Barcelona, Berlin or Blackburn if you're talking tours.

I think the best word I coined was Bongolianism (do a forum search, it'll appear more than once now) but didn't catch on.

Bleed, bleeding and various derivatives also pop up regularly, not as an expletive but a crucial process in your cooling system :wink:
Image
User avatar
Bob
Supreme Being
Posts: 13476
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:54 pm
Location: North Somerset

Re: From one B-word to another

Post by Bob » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:20 pm

mikeonb4c wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:31 pm
Bob wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:55 pm
Beer. 8)
B..Scrumpy more like Ben :lol:
Blimey Bill, beer brings benefits. 8)
Alcohol won't solve your problems, but neither will milk.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hcF9JSxkUSE
User avatar
Muzorewa
Supreme Being
Posts: 5189
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Team Muz HQ, Outer Bongolia
Contact:

Re: From one B-word to another

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:02 pm

Oh yeah, how could I forget....

Image

:twisted: :twisted: :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted:
Image
User avatar
Doone
Supreme Being
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:58 am
Location: Westcountry
Contact:

Re: From one B-word to another

Post by Doone » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:16 pm

#Bongolife 😎
Trading Standards Approved garage: http://www.allansvehicleservices.co.uk
User avatar
Bob
Supreme Being
Posts: 13476
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:54 pm
Location: North Somerset

Re: From one B-word to another

Post by Bob » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:52 pm

Muzorewa wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:02 pm
Oh yeah, how could I forget....

Image

:twisted: :twisted: :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted:

Barbecue bacon, brilliant. 8)
Alcohol won't solve your problems, but neither will milk.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hcF9JSxkUSE
User avatar
kandabongogirl
Bongonaut
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:38 pm
Location: Greater Manchester

Re: From one B-word to another

Post by kandabongogirl » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:29 pm

Muzorewa wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:44 pm
Normal B-words (on a family-friendly forum) would be things like barbecue, bockwürst, bratwürst and burgers. Maybe Bordeaux, Burgundy or Beaujolais if you're into a spot of red and maybe Barcelona, Berlin or Blackburn if you're talking tours.

I think the best word I coined was Bongolianism (do a forum search, it'll appear more than once now) but didn't catch on.

Bleed, bleeding and various derivatives also pop up regularly, not as an expletive but a crucial process in your cooling system :wink:
Bongolianism, I like that. There, that’s 3 times, and a 300% increase in usage in just one day (yes a search found a miserly ‘once only’ before today)! It might take off now though. :wink:

All pretty tasty B-words there. However, to record my personal preferences; for the red I would substitute Barbera (and preferably a d’Asti); for salubrious ‘red rose’ Blackburn (or even Bury, or Bolton) I would go for chic ‘white rose’ Brighouse (or Bridlington or Boston Spaaaa); and for the barbeque I would slap on a good bleeding slab of ‘bongo-wagyu’ (beefy-bongo) with a sauce / marinade of sesame, soy, ginger, and chilli cooked on a (ideally cast iron) hibachi portable stove. Such refinements can make pop-up appearances at Bongo-Bashes of course.

Now, Brittany might be my favoured B-tour B-word for next year. Have done small chunks of it several times in the past but not yet a bongo. The west coast all the way down is rather special, quiet, and camper friendly.

kbg.
23 year old salt and pepper AFT who loves a twerk to a kandabongoman tune.
User avatar
kandabongogirl
Bongonaut
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:38 pm
Location: Greater Manchester

Re: From one B-word to another

Post by kandabongogirl » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:35 pm

Muzorewa wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:02 pm
Oh yeah, how could I forget....
Yes brilliant!

These are kbg's favourite (top 3) sources of dry cured bacon when out and about:
1. Roberts TJ and Sons, on Bala high street.
2. Setchfield RP, on East Keswick high street, 3 miles from Wetherby off A1(M).
3. Mettricks, on Glossop high street in the Dark Peak.

What are yours?

kbg
Last edited by kandabongogirl on Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
23 year old salt and pepper AFT who loves a twerk to a kandabongoman tune.
User avatar
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Posts: 22566
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:49 pm
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam
Contact:

Re: From one B-word to another

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:36 pm

Bob wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:20 pm
mikeonb4c wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:31 pm
Bob wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:55 pm
Beer. 8)
B..Scrumpy more like Ben :lol:
Blimey Bill, beer brings benefits. 8)
Surely Silly, scrumpy sups more scintillatingy? :lol:
I Bongo, therefore I am...
Bongoing, BonGoing, BonGone
User avatar
kandabongogirl
Bongonaut
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:38 pm
Location: Greater Manchester

Re: From one B-word to another

Post by kandabongogirl » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:49 pm

mikeonb4c wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:36 pm
Surely Silly, scrumpy sups more scintillatingy? :lol:
Ahem...wrong thread...do we need some rules?! :lol:
23 year old salt and pepper AFT who loves a twerk to a kandabongoman tune.
User avatar
Muzorewa
Supreme Being
Posts: 5189
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Team Muz HQ, Outer Bongolia
Contact:

Re: From one B-word to another

Post by Muzorewa » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:23 am

kandabongogirl wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:35 pm
Muzorewa wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:02 pm
Oh yeah, how could I forget....
Yes brilliant!

These are kbg's favourite (top 3) sources of dry cured bacon when out and about:
1. Roberts TJ and Sons, on Bala high street.
2. Setchfield RP, on East Keswick high street, 3 miles from Wetherby off A1(M).
3. Mettricks, on Glossop high street in the Dark Peak.

What are yours?

kbg
Best recommendations for bacon are Laurence Gough & Sons in Stourport-on-Severn, handy for people next week who fail to provision sufficiently, and my local is (appropriately) Pat Blood & Partners in Bootle (Liverpool). When I say local, that's local to work as I actually live at the other end of the East Lancashire Road :wink:

There was a great one in Llanbedr as you turn to Nantcol Waterfalls (near Barmouth in Wales) but looking at Goggle Maps it appears to have gone the way of a lot of artisan outlets.
Image
User avatar
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Posts: 22566
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:49 pm
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam
Contact:

Re: From one B-word to another

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:46 am

kandabongogirl wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:49 pm
mikeonb4c wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:36 pm
Surely Silly, scrumpy sups more scintillatingly? :lol:
Ahem...wrong thread...do we need some rules?! :lol:
Ah yes....Rules....I think we have some of those somewhere. Not seen 'em around Bongoville for a long time mind you. I suspect Bob interred them in a scrumpy orchard one night in a drunken rage :lol: p.s. oh no, just realised I'd left the 'l' out of scintillatingly (now rectified). Now that IS serious :lol:
I Bongo, therefore I am...
Bongoing, BonGoing, BonGone
Post Reply