sleeping arangements

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Tank
Apprentice Bongonaut

sleeping arangements

Post by Tank » Sun May 05, 2019 4:22 pm

What do people think is the most comfortable set up for sleeping re. comfort and room etc. An end kitchen or side.
theres just the two of us and the dog. But where not as young as we used to be,so like a bit of comfort.
BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Re: sleeping arangements

Post by BongoBongo123 » Mon May 06, 2019 10:35 am

We have a narrow side conversion and it is still a little tight, we are of average build I would say. I sleep up top in the tent section and
the wife inside below, We have 1 set of rear seats with the belts and she tucks her feet ankles under that. In that situation there is ok amounts of room to move/sleep, but someone needs to be agile enough to get up top through the trap door, being able to support your entire body weight with your arms is the ideal as you push yourself of the rear seats.

They are not very roomy vehicles for 2 people but you know they are a camper van not a fully fledged mobile home. They tend to be a little tight in our mind for 2 once you have all your kit with you, we don't travel light we take ridiculous amounts of stuff, blankets, pillows, plastic garden chairs, food, clothes, water bottles, booze, small tent (never properly put down, lol). The upside is they don't cost as much as a mobile home and they drive great, very comfortable, you will get through width restrictions at beauty spots where others won't. (I can recall a few tight stone bridges in Wales) I cannot comment on the alternative kitchen type.

Without a rear set of seats there would be much more "living" room.

Return to “Bongo Chat”