Front external screens

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

sotal
Supreme Being

Front external screens

Post by sotal » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:05 pm

I'm getting sick of the internal screens that we have.

Last year we got fed up and promised to do something but then never quite got round to buying anything as we haven't camped over the winter!

Now we are back to it, we are reminded of the pain in the backside they are!

We've had the screens for three years now and the suckers are getting worse, the pull tabs on the suckers are breaking, they keep falling down in the night the front ones are a hassle to put on.

I'm thinking of swapping to an external front one. The kids fancy one with eyes but something along those lines. Last time I looked it just seemed to be fuel lagoon and they seemed pricey. I've just had a quick search and found another company called rainbow screens offering a similar product but at a cheaper price and theirs seem to have the silver screen part built in too.

Has anyone used rainbow screens?

I've got a plan for the rear screen.
sotal
Supreme Being

Re: Front external screens

Post by sotal » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:33 pm

Hmmm forget that, I've just had another look and realised that when I visit the rainbow screens bongo page directly from Google. The price is around £50 but it seems to miss off the base price and was just charging for extras! When I go through from the main page it makes the price well over £200 which is well over budget!

May try the £40 plain one from fuel lagoon
Merlot man
Bongolier

Post by Merlot man » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:45 pm

Hello sotal
Have you tried comfort leasure , they do them
Brian
BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Post by BongoBongo123 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:08 pm

Glad I am not the only one who dislikes gobbing into the sucker rubbing it around, that was my original approach which was a bit nasty. I use a bottle of water now as I went off that method. :lol: They are a bit of a... sigh.. ok got to do the blinds then (always my job by the way). But you know it is like a ritual and I might even miss it if I did not. £60.00 for the internals, I would buy the same again. Anymore than that seems over priced to me.

I have one sucker that never sucks on and 1 goes right where the Japanese sticker thing is on the rear window so it never seals off over that. Poor old us and our campers, eh ? Worse problems to have I spose.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:46 pm

We bought a set of blinds from the Club shop 11 + years ago now and there still sticking fine with no need to moisten them at all!
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:52 pm

Main trick for making suckers stick is clean glass.

Isoprpoyl alcohol will do it. :wink:
Flanners
Bongolier

Post by Flanners » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:47 pm

I have a set of metallic inner stick on blinds and an external windscreen and side window thermal/reflective version. I usually use the inner stick on blinds and have never had a problem with the 'stick'. I used the external one last year and was happy until the night it was windy on top of a hill in E Sussex the bloddy thing flapped and buffeted all night, drove me mad and I have not used it since, it also announces that I am 'wild camping' to everyone.
2002 2.0 Aero with Outback Conversion and Roof Top Tent

Return to “Bongo Chat”