Happy anniversary, Seymour

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Alison01326
Supreme Being

Happy anniversary, Seymour

Post by Alison01326 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:50 pm

Should have actually posted this on 17 October, but for one reason and another .......!!!

Seymour (our Bongo) has been a part of our family for ten years and four days. I would like to publicly acknowledge his sterling work in carrying us all over the place, providing warmth and shelter uncomplainingly as well suffering all the indignities that trips to the tip bring (including the time when he had some interior decoration done when the lid came off a big tub of white emulsion).

He is of course, beginning to cost us money. A couple of weeks ago there was much welding to be done to get him through his MOT, and a couple of years ago he had to have his rust done which turns out not to have been done at all properly so he'll need to have it all done again (by a different garage, as the original one was staffed / owned by charlatans and shysters).

On the plus side, however, in spite of the welding needing doing, the bloke who did it all for us said he has seen many undersides of Bongos, but apart from the bits that needed seeing to, this was one of the healthier undersides and it was worth repairing. He went as far as to say that it would be far better to spend money on keeping Seymour maintained than to throw in the towel (financially) and get a "new" one.

So, belated happy anniversary to Seymour, and here's to another 10 years and I promise I won't forget your 21st birthday in February!!!!!
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
Doone
Supreme Being

Re: Happy anniversary, Seymour

Post by Doone » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:11 am

Well done Seymour! Here's to many more memory making trips! In the not too distant (in Bongo years) future, I can picture Isaac driving off for a solo adventure in Seymour. 😎
Allan's closed. in Plymouth we recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:22 am

Agree, congrats to Seymore.

And Isaac must be growing up fast, 17 soon comes. 8)
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:28 am

Great to hear from you after all this time Alison and to learn you're still out there Bongoing. Much the same here, 12 years of ownership for me coming up and although its a minor pain having to lose her for a week or so each year for the latest bit of welding, she is still incomparibly useful and fun and I'd like to be with her forever :-)
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:12 pm

20 November is Tonto's real birthday according to the records. I bought him in September 2015 (I think).
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:26 pm

Our Ferdinand's birthday is November, too.

Must look up the date and make a cake. 8)

Return to “Bongo Chat”