Bongo Relay - anyone heading west (ish)?

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Alison01326
Supreme Being

Bongo Relay - anyone heading west (ish)?

Post by Alison01326 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:52 pm

I'm sure that once upon a time there was a section for this sort of question, so forgive me if this is in the wrong place BUT I wonder whether anyone with some spare room in their Bongo is heading generally westwards / south westwards from the Arundel area.

We have bought a driveaway awning on EBay from someone in Arundel and were hoping to get it couriered down. However, as the woman who has sold it uses words like "big" and "heavy" rather than words like "metres", "centimetres" and "kilograms" we are having a job getting a quote.

On that basis, if anyone has loads of space in their Bongo (!) and is heading this way (we are in Falmouth) and would be happy to bring said awning part of the way (we are prepared to meet up, of course, and make a donation towards fuel).

If only we had bought it before Looe!!

Many thanks in advance.
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Bongo Relay - anyone heading west (ish)?

Post by Bob » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:44 pm

If it can be got near Bristol/Clevedon I can hold it and I'm coming down to Allan's early next month. 8)
teenmal
Supreme Being

Post by teenmal » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:31 pm

If you want the dimensions/weight you should be able to do so in the manufactures web site.
Eratosthenes
Bongolier

Post by Eratosthenes » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:51 pm

You didn't sy what you had purchased. I have an Outdoor revolution drive away - both the inflatable and pole version. I can measure and weigh these if this helps.
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:18 pm

Thanks folks, it was manufactured by NR Awnings of Todmorden who are no longer trading, so we can't ask them. From the eBay picture it looks like canvas (and thus quite weighty) without taking the poles into account.

It's not actually for the Bongo but for its new stablemate, a Portafold caravan.
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:23 pm

Bob wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:44 pm If it can be got near Bristol/Clevedon I can hold it and I'm coming down to Allan's early next month. 8)
Thank you, Bob. If there are any takers for the first bit of the journey that would be great. We could actually meet up with you at Allan's :D

I think my husband is going to go and get it in his car. I am sure it will fit [-o< . The Bongo is off the road at the moment (extensive surgery so he can pass his MOT).
Alison

Return to “Bongo Chat”