Hola

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Xeamus
Apprentice Bongonaut

Hola

Post by Xeamus » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:34 pm

Just a quick hello to introduce myself, we are very interested in buying a Bongo as a second means of escape at weekends, we already have a motor home which is a Fendt 560 HK of 1991 vintage but we like the idea of something a little smaller that can also be used by Jackie. for her 22km commute to work. The idea of getting a Bongo stems from a couple parking next to us at Aix en Othe about three weeks ago while we were on our way home from Germany. It was a very nice silver colour with AFT.

Jackie chatted to the people on the way to and from the shower block, but we didn't get a chance to ask in depth about their van as they left right after breakfast the following morning, We were so impressed with the Bongo that it triggered thoughts of getting one.

However......isn't there always a however?? We live in Spain and getting a vehicle matriculated is a bit of a pain, I am speaking from experience of both cars and motorbikes, my concern would be about the headlights,is there a suitable LHD headlamp available for the Bongo, also is the Bongo classed as a commercial vehicle in the UK? I ask this because we were unable to import a RHD motor home when we were looking to buy ours because it is forbidden, it's OK for visitors to use them here but not residents, cars are not a problem nor car derived vans, just the bigger stuff [-X

After a brief look around this forum it appears these vans have generated a loyal and enthusiastic following, they are certainly different that's for sure, we like different if we didn't we would be looking at VW T? s :shock: but who wants to be conventional?
Regards
Phil & Jackie
fatcatlawyer
Tribal Elder

Re: Hola

Post by fatcatlawyer » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:13 pm

Welcome.

There was a thread concerning headlights. Do a search for Astra headlights. Mark 3 Astra and you will find the answer. Yours Ian G.

Return to “Bongo Chat”