Seat belt installation on rock and roll bed

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Razor
Bongonaut

Seat belt installation on rock and roll bed

Post by Razor » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:38 pm

Are there any pictorial information on fitting seatbelts to a rock and roll bed,I have just purchase a second hand unit but without seat belts.i have a selection of belts but am unsure as to the correct fitting procedure.i will be using the inertia type.😊😊
katem1303
Apprentice Bongonaut

Re: Seat belt installation on rock and roll bed

Post by katem1303 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:05 pm

would it help if i took a photo and posted it ?
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:20 pm

Unless the R&R bed is designed to have them mounted on it - I think there is one, in which case they will already exist - I wouldn't have thought it would be a good idea, unless your certain about the strength and positioning of the two points.

On mine the nearside rear original seatbelt mounting points is used, and its central point is welded to the frame of the R&R bed and this is also bolted to the floor at the same location. For the offside, there is an additional 1" square steel tube support bolted between roof and floor behind the wardrobe, the belt fixing points are bolted to this thru the woodwork, same central mounting point as the nearside one.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Razor
Bongonaut

Post by Razor » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:13 pm

Many thanks I did wonder about the original ones,there are two plates welded in right angles on the outer base of the bed with holes in,could these be for attaching the buckle part of the belt?also ther is an additional 2x1box section above the plate that is securing the r&r to the floor this also has holes in that could be used to hold the other seat belt retracting unit.
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:59 am

My seat belt points are on the diagonal at each side of the seat. Hope that helps.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!

Return to “Bongo Chat”