Alloy Wheels - Need Lock Nuts

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Tweedy37
Apprentice Bongonaut

Alloy Wheels - Need Lock Nuts

Post by Tweedy37 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:01 pm

Hi, just bought my 2002 Bongo which has come with a nice set of alloys but no lock nuts. I don’t know if these are original or a later addition, either way I don’t want to have them stolen. I don’t know where to get some from. I am a little concerned Halfords may not be up to much.. thanks in advance from East Yorks
teenmal
Supreme Being

Re: Alloy Wheels - Need Lock Nuts

Post by teenmal » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:58 am

Halfords stock McGard brand lock nuts, you wont get much better.
Tweedy37
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Tweedy37 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:03 pm

Thank you I appreciate you taking the time to reply
nth
Bongolier

Post by nth » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:58 am

Locking wheel nuts are the work of the devil, the first thing I do when I get a new car with them fitted is to remove them before they cause me any problems. The last time I heard of someone stealing a set of wheels must have been in the 1990's.
The main problem is garages using impact guns to loosen & tighten them, inevitably they get rattled on with a gun, chewing the key in the process. Everything is great until you are stuck at the side of the road with a puncture to find that the key is just slipping on the nut when you try to remove it ](*,)
I have a kit that (if the bolts have been tightened to the correct torque) will easily remove just about any locking bolt out there, I would think anyone that is looking to steal wheels will also have the same kit.
95 2.5d 4WD AFT

Return to “Bongo Chat”