AFT tent stretching 'insert'

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

pixies
Bongonaut

AFT tent stretching 'insert'

Post by pixies » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:31 pm

Hi,

Have recently removed the tent, in order to have the fly-screen replaced. I've been cleaning the inside of the tent to remove the mould and generally smarten things up.

However, when I was hanging the tent on the washing line to dry, I didn't pay attention to the stress I was placing on the stretcher 'insert' that is sewn in to the front of the tent - so it snapped! :oops: (Does anyone know what this thing is actually called?)

Have any of you had to replace this part? I can't tell what material it is, I am assuming it's plastic. I can cut a slice into the end of the material 'pocket' that is sewn up to hold it in place and get it out - or I might see if the tent repairers can do it for me, as their sewing skill will be 1000 times better than mine when trying to put it back!

If any of you have an old rotten tent hanging around you don't want, I'll buy the insert from you!

Cheers
Neil.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: AFT tent stretching 'insert'

Post by g8dhe » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:02 am

Do you men the metal bar in a sealed front pocket ? If so this doesn't do any stretching but is to assist the front of the tent to fold inwards when the roof is lowered, makes no difference if it snaps its quite a brittle material.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions

Return to “Bongo Chat”