teenmal
Supreme Being

Be Aware

Post by teenmal » Fri May 11, 2018 9:28 am

TheLongRoad
Bongolier

Re: Be Aware

Post by TheLongRoad » Fri May 11, 2018 10:05 am

Very sneaky. £99 is also the max allowed at many pumps. Having the two figures flash up at the pump means it's easy to miss if there is a message to tell you that they are making the extra charge. :roll:
2002 Friendee 2.0 ltr Petrol.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Fri May 11, 2018 4:34 pm

Its not actually a charge, simply ring-fencing the possible amount you could be billed if you went for the Max. its been happening for a very long time in other sectors such as Hotels, I can remember when on a trip round a series of sites over a few days that I ended up with several hundreds of pounds "ring-fenced" until the banks concerned got there act together so that when you paid the bill in the morning it cleared the ring-fenced amount as well. It sounds like the problem has simply arisen again in this new sector.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
knpenny
Bongolier

Post by knpenny » Sat May 12, 2018 9:27 pm

just so you know guys and gals they do the same at almost every auto pump here in France too, i worked that out jys a couple o weeks ago, finding that 129 euros had gone then to reappear days later, needless to say i dont use the auto system anymore. :evil:
Bongology, the study of all things bong. The bongologist. :shock:
Flanners
Bongolier

Post by Flanners » Tue May 29, 2018 7:32 pm

This is annoying really the payment card is accepted by the retailer and then honoured by the bank, to debit the customer's given amount in money of product?

I am not sure why last night away camping I put £30 of fuel in the van and now have had two amounts of £30 debited from my current account, how about if the double charge puts you into an overdraft with associated costs?

Totally unfair but as usual the bank has a win win situation, charges the retailer for their business banking charge for the card payment and the customer if they are overdrawn :twisted:

As I did not agree to the double charge nor did the pre pay pump inform or indicate to me possible charges I think it stinks! I now have to wait for £30 to be credited back which I did not authorise or agree to pay. What a *"*&£W joke.
2002 2.0 Aero with Outback Conversion and Roof Top Tent
knpenny
Bongolier

Post by knpenny » Tue May 29, 2018 8:34 pm

If its not your fault and an error by another party, if you encur charges you can demand the other party pay your charge, however if you have never had an unauthorised overdraght you can explain your case to the bank and 9/10 they'll waver the charges but only once or twice :wink:
Bongology, the study of all things bong. The bongologist. :shock:
Flanners
Bongolier

Post by Flanners » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:35 pm

Was in Boulogne yesterday, self serve £22 in my MG, just seen Total Boulogne has reserved £132 on my credit card......just called provider and it disappears tonight, £132!!!!
2002 2.0 Aero with Outback Conversion and Roof Top Tent

Return to “Bongo Chat”