Aft roof mattress

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Stevejoy5
Junior Bongonaut

Aft roof mattress

Post by Stevejoy5 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:50 pm

Hi guys
im probably doing something seriously wrong but i bought a 2" mattress from comfortleisure for the bongo roof. Now it fits like a dream but i thought that the mattress could be left in place with roof down but i dont seem to be able to fully close roof. ive tried it always and i just cant work it out. Even more so how the hell you supposed to set a bed up and get in and out :lol: . Just a bit of practice i expect.
Billybongo123
Bongolier

Re: Aft roof mattress

Post by Billybongo123 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:30 pm

Ours closes okay but I found i needed to close the roof hatch etc before putting roof down, and press close switch again just as roof bottoms out to get it to lock.
We love our rusty Bongo "Billy", despite his many faults!
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:18 pm

It helps if you have a multi section mattress so that the hatch can be left open etc, that way you can get up there then put the square in place to cover the hatch from up top!
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
mountainmummy
Bongolier

Post by mountainmummy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:19 pm

Hi.
We've just bought one of these and we can get our roof down with the mattress in place.

Like the earlier poster suggests, the hatch needs to be down so there's a bit of faffing to press the lock cancel button, close the hatch and lower roof but it can be done.

Remember to hold open the circular flap (the one kids like to peer through) to let the air escape as the roof comes down.

Sara
Why, oh why did I chose such a naff forum name????
Bongo Brain
Bongonaut

Post by Bongo Brain » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:37 pm

My mattress came with my van when I bought it. From the thickness, it does seem to be the "proper" one
I can put the roof back down easily with it in situ - not tried to do this with the mattress folded, or with the sunroof hatch open...
But I'd say close the hatch, and keep the mattress in the flat position (not folded). Hope you sort it :D

Return to “Bongo Chat”