WOW, A garage that knew...

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

plonkatronix
Bongolier

WOW, A garage that knew...

Post by plonkatronix » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:55 am

I popped down to a small side street garage to look at a friends car on the ramps and I got talking to the owner about my bongo woes, "oh them things... they need to be bleed correctly with a funnel" I was gob smacked that he knew and at the level of knowledge he shared... he even said that the 2.8l Pajero engine shares very similar hole pattern to the bongo gearbox but then added that those engines are just as fragile "his words this time :wink: "

Also another factoid found out: a friend owns the ford ranger truck so I said pop your bonnet so I could show him the elbow we previously discussed, expecting to only find the 1 spur elbow I was shocked to see it had a bongo elbow fitted and that they in fact using the bleed take of to cool the EGR pipe preventing the hot recycled air from re-entering an already hot system... another cooling method bolted on
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Protect Yourself, IP BLACKLIST freely available@ http://plonkatronix.com
TheLongRoad
Bongolier

Re: WOW, A garage that knew...

Post by TheLongRoad » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:36 pm

Interesting stuff, thanks for sharing. Maybe let 'admin' haave the details to add to the list of Bongo friendly garages. Hope your rebuild is progressing well.
2003 Friendee 2.0 ltr Petrol.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:42 pm

Good point, we often get asked about garages in South Wales. =D>
Alcohol won't solve your problems, but neither will milk.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hcF9JSxkUSE
plonkatronix
Bongolier

Post by plonkatronix » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:19 pm

Ah now I didn't say he should earn a place on the board, he just knew how to bleed one and seemed genned up on the bongo, I have never been to him so can not personally vouch for any standards of work etc, but at least he knew which is more than most, they are (IJP Automotive Ltd, Barry) your call if you add them.
Protect Yourself, IP BLACKLIST freely available@ http://plonkatronix.com
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:22 pm

Nobody gets added automatically. First there is a recommendation, then we send a questionnaire (which I will do in a while), then they return the questionnaire. Then the Bongo Friendly Garage Sub Committee meets to discuss, then they make a recommendation (or not), then it goes forward to the Ratification Committee who then authorise it (or not).

Ofcourse all of this can be short circuited if the garage are prepared to make a large (4 figure) contribution to my pension fund. :lol:
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.