Anyone interested in a holiday convoy

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

missmark
Apprentice Bongonaut

Anyone interested in a holiday convoy

Post by missmark » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:09 am

Hello Bonglers

I have not been on here for a while......the last time I was on the forum, I asked fellow Bonglers what time of the year is a good time to sell my Betsy Bongo. I haven't had her that long and not been out in her much, because of a sudden bereavement. I have just lost interest. It has been a very sad time. I had so many plans to go travelling. Life has many twists and turns.

At the time of writing my previous post, I had a problem with the drivers side window, but it was simply a loose wire. It has been in a very good garage in Swansea.....apparently, I have been told that the wiring does go often. Anyway, all done and she is going like a dream again.

She is a lovely van, clean and no rust etc. I haven't yet had the fun with my Bongo as I had planned.

I am still thinking of selling, as I hardly use her, but there is a part of me which wants to keep her. If I do decide to keep her, I have been thinking of doing something in my son's memory and doing something for charity, which will include my Betsy. My son sadly passed away during an epileptic seizure and I woud like to raise some money for Epilepsy Research UK. His memorial is on the site along with other people who have fallen victim to this all too often tragic condition. He didn't even get to have the chance to take a trip with me in Betsy.

Epilepsy is a very misunderstood illness, with little public knowledge or media publicity about it. The illness has been around since biblical times, yet we hear very little about it.

I was thinking of doing something a bit adventurous. Travelling the coast of Britain and highlighting epilespy in some way...with a quirkiness, my son would appreciate that. Or driving to France, that will certainly be a challenge for me, will take me out of my comfort zone ! Can anyone suggest something ?? Are there any Bonglers out there who would be willing to do a convoy somewhere ??

Hopefully I will hear from like-minded Bongo followers.
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Re: Anyone interested in a holiday convoy

Post by Jillygumbo » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:57 pm

This sounds absolutely wonderful and if it weren't for that "W" word (work) I would be right there with you. All the very best and I'm sure you'll find people here who are happy to join you.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:10 pm

If you are going right round the coast some may be able to join you for part of the trip, and you may well find peeps who live near the coast who can accommodate you and Bongy for a night.

We're 5 miles inland from Clevedon and can provide a drive to park on, hook up, water, elsan disposal, evening meal...

Sounds like a grand adventure, well done.
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:55 pm

missmark wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:09 am Hello Bonglers

I have not been on here for a while......the last time I was on the forum, I asked fellow Bonglers what time of the year is a good time to sell my Betsy Bongo. I haven't had her that long and not been out in her much, because of a sudden bereavement. I have just lost interest. It has been a very sad time. I had so many plans to go travelling. Life has many twists and turns.

At the time of writing my previous post, I had a problem with the drivers side window, but it was simply a loose wire. It has been in a very good garage in Swansea.....apparently, I have been told that the wiring does go often. Anyway, all done and she is going like a dream again.

She is a lovely van, clean and no rust etc. I haven't yet had the fun with my Bongo as I had planned.

I am still thinking of selling, as I hardly use her, but there is a part of me which wants to keep her. If I do decide to keep her, I have been thinking of doing something in my son's memory and doing something for charity, which will include my Betsy. My son sadly passed away during an epileptic seizure and I woud like to raise some money for Epilepsy Research UK. His memorial is on the site along with other people who have fallen victim to this all too often tragic condition. He didn't even get to have the chance to take a trip with me in Betsy.

Epilepsy is a very misunderstood illness, with little public knowledge or media publicity about it. The illness has been around since biblical times, yet we hear very little about it.

I was thinking of doing something a bit adventurous. Travelling the coast of Britain and highlighting epilespy in some way...with a quirkiness, my son would appreciate that. Or driving to France, that will certainly be a challenge for me, will take me out of my comfort zone ! Can anyone suggest something ?? Are there any Bonglers out there who would be willing to do a convoy somewhere ??

Hopefully I will hear from like-minded Bongo followers.

Hello miss mark ! If you’re thinking of a coast trip , I can probably give you one or two tips, as I have completed approx 85-90% of gt Britain’s coastline. It’s an absolutely wonderful thing to do, seeing new places and people and having the time to explore as much or as little as you want. I did the Uk in two halves, as it were! then across to Ireland which I did in one go. If you want a chat , please PM me and I will give you my phone number. I have done all my travelling in my bongo...along with my ( now old) dog. It’s the most wonderful thing to do....travelling. I love it, but am reduced to the odd couple of nights now due to my dog getting homesick !!! He just stops eating. Hope to hear from you! But if not make the best choices that suit you...then onwards. GOOD LUCK.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:19 pm

Well said (and offered) Pam =D> =D> =D> =D>
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:46 pm

mikeonb4c wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:19 pm Well said (and offered) Pam =D> =D> =D> =D>
Aw...thanks Mike. Hope we get to meet up again....sometime.....as long as you bring your guitar too =D> =D>
Bessie Bongo
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Bessie Bongo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:54 pm

Hi there. I live in Swansea with Bessie Bongo and Dougie my 18 month cockerpoo. We are planning a trip in May/ June continuation of last May's trip through Pembrokeshire and beyond. Contact me if you want to meet up and we could discuss.

Return to “Bongo Chat”