High Roof to Pop Up?

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

sherwoodforestbongo
Apprentice Bongonaut

High Roof to Pop Up?

Post by sherwoodforestbongo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:59 pm

High all
I have a Bongo I really like (it's a 2004 and very reliable!). I bought it with a high top - I previously had an unreliable old Bongo with an unreliable roof, and we went for the high top because of the storage with 2 kids and 2 Labs. But then one of my Labs when to doggy heaven which now leaves us with extra downstairs storage space, so we'd now quite like to have the roof changed from a high top to a pop up. Does anyone know if this can be done, or would it be so expensive that it would be to cheaper to trade in?
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: High Roof to Pop Up?

Post by Bob » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:06 pm

Welcome aboard. 8)

I recon you would need to take it to companies that fit pop up roofs and let them see it in order to get a price. Obviously the way the high top is fitted will make a big difference.
TheLongRoad
Bongolier

Post by TheLongRoad » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:20 pm

Might be possible. The style of pop top that’s low level and hinges from the side looks like it has a large cut out of the roof. If you’re lucky it could be similar to your high top.
2002 Friendee 2.0 ltr Petrol.
Markas
Bongolier

Post by Markas » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:03 am

TheLongRoad wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:20 pm Might be possible. The style of pop top that’s low level and hinges from the side looks like it has a large cut out of the roof. If you’re lucky it could be similar to your high top.
This is sometimes referred to as a mushroom roof.
Mark
1999 Bongo 2.0L, Northstar Outback rear conversion

Return to “Bongo Chat”