Stopover Sites In France

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

SEDGE
Apprentice Bongonaut

Stopover Sites In France

Post by SEDGE » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:27 pm

As everywhere is closed today we've decided to plan a road trip to France for next July/August :D - can anyone recommend a good book/website that lists quiet, picturesque places to stop over? We're not looking for family type places but somewhere more off the beaten track. Must be dog friendly! We're planning on going over on the Shuttle, drive down towards the west coast and then inland to Limoges to see a friend who lives there.. Happy New Year!
TheLongRoad
Bongolier

Re: Stopover Sites In France

Post by TheLongRoad » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:23 pm

Try this https://www.france-passion.com/. It’s a French site so if you don’t parlais you’ll need to ask Google to translate for you. There are some vineyards where you can spray for free but would be rude not to avail yourselves of a bottle (or two). :wink:

Edit, welcome to forum by the way.
2002 Friendee 2.0 ltr Petrol.
Katka
Bongolier

Post by Katka » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:52 pm

Over Christmas I happened across ioverlander.com as a new source of stopovers in addition to searchforsites.co.uk & https://park4night.com.
Between them you'll find something just about everywhere.

..... I'm not sure I'd want a bottle (or two) from anywhere where you can spray for free :lol:
Markas
Bongolier

Post by Markas » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:52 pm

Katka wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:52 pm ..... I'm not sure I'd want a bottle (or two) from anywhere where you can spray for free :lol:
Perhaps not, but that's quite a bargain 'cos it costs 70c at most motorway service stations across Europe :P
Mark
1999 Bongo 2.0L, Northstar Outback rear conversion
SEDGE
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by SEDGE » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:17 pm

Thanks for all the replies!
We will look into it.
x :D

Return to “Bongo Chat”