Entry paid to bongo land!!

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

MacintyreUK
Junior Bongonaut

Entry paid to bongo land!!

Post by MacintyreUK » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:36 pm

Bought my new bongo 2000 2.5tdi Montague conversion from EBAY 2 weeks ago for £7500 a bargain advertised at 9500, taken to the bongo expert Ian Taylor in Stoke for a health check and service. Needing to fix, leaking steering column,leaking radiator, leaking water pipe. Wiper linkages worn, weld of sills ,( known advisory from MoT in July).

In addition to the planned installed towbar , Fix the air con,driver side window switch and central locking, install coolant alarm looks like I won't have much change of £1250

Good thing I got a good price in the first place, but highlights the risks of the eBay dealers/ MOTs from non bongo garages as as advertised as in perfect condition with only 1 advisory (slight rust on will)

Looking forward to getting her out in late September/ October and all next season. After almost £600 0f essential etras( awning, stoves, etc) Last expense is the £13 bongo fury membership.
MacintyreUK
Junior Bongonaut

Re: Entry paid to bongo land!!

Post by MacintyreUK » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:38 pm

And then the challenge of naming and styling the sliver bongo, my little boy wants a superman or pirate or star wars theme.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:28 pm

Welcome. Good move joining BF - they've done a lot to make Bongo ownership a practical proposition. Sounds like you're a committed Bongoist, and Ian is a really good person to have check it out and fix it up. Enjoy :-)
MacintyreUK
Junior Bongonaut

Post by MacintyreUK » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:30 pm

And then the challenge of naming and styling the sliver bongo, my little boy wants a superman or pirate or star wars theme.
MacintyreUK
Junior Bongonaut

Post by MacintyreUK » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:55 pm

Thanks Mike for your advice to date, I am now committed , even cancelled my Tesla model 3 reservation as can afford both ( more like can't justify to my wife)
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:15 pm

MacintyreUK wrote:And then the challenge of naming and styling the sliver bongo, my little boy wants a superman or pirate or star wars theme.

Bong 2 D 2?

Darth Bongo?

Luke Bong Walker?
MalcW
Bongonaut

Post by MalcW » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:29 am

Bongo Fett? Montague Falcon?

Return to “Bongo Chat”