Roof boxes

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

kandabongogirl
Bongonaut

Re: Roof boxes

Post by kandabongogirl » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:00 pm

mikeonb4c wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:42 pm All sounds good kbg and good luck whichever. Seeing NDC myself at the Bash to have a reversible passenger seat fitted :-)
Update:
So, I am on the way to installing a NDC roof rack, having taken the plunge and bought one at the bash.
Unfortunately a hitch - we discovered on the day that a few of the 4 x M8 threaded inserts (at the mounting points) on my AFT factory roof had been stripped out by a previous owner (probably when removing a roof rack), so NDC were unable to fit the rack for me on the day. But they have kindly sent me some new inserts to resin-bond in place. So that will be my next task.

Qn: Has anyone had any experience of having to re-fit inserts to their AFT? What resin bond did you use and what technique / process / other tips?

I have a few weeks (well, weekends) to sort this out in July before needing to install the rack and try it out with various accoutrements in August, including kayak(s), roof box, surf board, etc - not all at once of course!

Regards
kbg
23 year old salt and pepper AFT who loves a twerk to a kandabongoman tune.

Return to “Bongo Chat”