i night try out area

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

bsccj
Junior Bongonaut

i night try out area

Post by bsccj » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:25 pm

can anyone recommend some where i can stay for 1 night to try out our new bongo 20 mile around manchester, its our 2nd bongo but we now have the roof space for the kids so want to try an overnight stay. And was also wondering what wind speed the roof tent can with stand Thanks
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: i night try out area

Post by Bob » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:36 pm

With a bit of luck you'll get some local recommendations, but meanwhile this is the site I use to find suitable camping:

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Re: i night try out area

Post by Muzorewa » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:01 am

Good morning, we're in Manchester but don't tend to camp so near to home but I can understand your desire to try it out locally in case disaster strikes. A couple of local sites you could try but we haven't been so can't comment:
Burrs Country Park near Bury
Elm Beds Caravan Park near Poynton

A couple of sites a bit further afield that we have tried and can definitely recommend:
Laneside Caravan Park in Hope valley, Derbyshire
Greenhills Holiday Park in Bakewell, Derbyshire

As for wind speeds, we've never had a problem but look at the forecasted wind direction and try to park the rear of Bongy facing into the wind (some sites direct you as to which way round you must be parked, health & safety don't you know :roll:

If you fancy a brew & a chat any time, drop me a PM. We've camped far & wide, and with kids too :wink:

Return to “Bongo Chat”