Newbie looking for tips on buying the right Bongo

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

westcountrycat
Apprentice Bongonaut

Newbie looking for tips on buying the right Bongo

Post by westcountrycat » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:25 pm

Hi Everyone,

We are thinking about getting a camper. Must admit i am hesitant as a friend bought a bongo and broke down loads but they look spot on to what we need so looking for some advise on which ones to go for and perhaps which ones need avoiding. Have no Tech knowledge and the purchase will fleece all my savings so need to make it work for us.

We need it for two adults and two children ( 4 & 8) and need it for weekends away, main holiday and occasional 2nd car.

Have looked on ebay and prices seem to range from £3000 to 15,000, if i can i would prefer to do on a budget of £6000 if at all poss.

Any advice or pointers to get me on the way would be great. Thank you :D
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Newbie looking for tips on buying the right Bongo

Post by Bob » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:39 pm

Hi, and welcome aboard.

Firstly, since you're West Country, be very wary of an internet seller in Bristol. Search Bristol Bob on here. (It isn't me.)

Have a read of the 'Buying a Bongo' info on here:

http://igmaynard.co.uk/buying/

Have a look at the Member's Ads, and if possible visit the National Bash at Stourport in a couple of weeks and chat to owners. Day visitors free or you can camp with any unit if you want to stay over. Club membership required but I'm sure the Bongomeister will bank the few quid for you. :wink:

We're In Nailsea if you fancy a chat over tea and fruit cake. :D
westcountrycat
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by westcountrycat » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:55 pm

Thanks for this info, i'll take note. we did see a place in Bristol which had a few we were going to look at! will let you know if we come up as far as you sometime !
cmm303
Supreme Being

Post by cmm303 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:39 am

There is one place near Bristol, with a paint shop nearby, which sells nice looking Bongae. Be a little wary and take an expert if it's not your bag!! I know a few bought from there and three years on they are rusting badly.

P.S. This isn't the infamous Bristol Bob
Chris with BertieB
'96 White unconverted AFT 2.5L Diesel 4WD

Return to “Bongo Chat”