Bongo Fury Supports Guide Dogs Appeal

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Ian
Supreme Being

Bongo Fury Supports Guide Dogs Appeal

Post by Ian » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:38 am

Many of you will know Haydn of Low Coolant Alarm fame. Over the years he has suffered from deteriorating eye sight to the extent that he has now been assigned a guide dog called Webster.

His daughter Jo, who has taken over the business is eager to bring to everyone's attention the fantastic work that Guide Dogs for the Blind do for the wider community. So eager, in fact, that she has decided to run the 2016 London Marathon to raise funds! Also, for every Low Coolant Alarm purchased via her website a donation will be made.

If you would like to contribute to the appeal visit Jo's "Just Giving" page at https://www.justgiving.com/jo-andrews4/. To get the ball rolling from the Bongo community I have made a donation.

And if you want to purchase a low coolant alarm visit http://www.coolantalarm.co.uk/shop/index.php

Good luck Jo!
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: Bongo Fury Supports Guide Dogs Appeal

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:42 am

Great idea =D> =D> =D>
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:04 pm

We'll chip in a bit, well done Jo.
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:40 pm

Fantastic idea! And well done Jo
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Haydn Alarms
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Haydn Alarms » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:50 pm

Current total is an amazing £1464 !

Just thought I would post an update and a Thank You !

A BIG BIG Thank You to all that have logged onto www.justgiving.com/jo-andrews4 and made a donation to the
Guide Dogs for the Blind.

Haydn Alarms has also added a further £48 to the total from recent alarm sales.

Don't forget for every Alarm we sell a further £1.50 goes to The Guide Dogs for the Blind! and we have plenty in stock if you're looking for a Christmas gift for your Bongo!

Training for the London Marathon is going well and I've now got Haydn (Dad) and Webster Dog around to make sure I'm putting in the miles!

Thanks again and please continue to support The Guide Dogs for the Blind.

Jo @ Haydn Alarms
Haydn Alarms
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Haydn Alarms » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:21 pm

Evening from Somerset

Just thought i would post update on Guide Dog Fund Raising. Just paid over a further £30 from recent sales thanks to the forum. Nearly reached my first target of £2,000. Training going well except for the amount of rain....

Still plenty of time to log onto www.justgiving.com/jo-andrews4 to follow my story and make a donation if you wish.

Don't forget if thinking about buying one of our Alarms I'm donating £1.50 of every sale to the Guide Dogs.

Thanks for your support.

I've had Haydn (Dad) and Webster Dog busy with visits to the local schools and off to the local radio station in Taunton on Thurs.

Regards Jo @ Haydn Alarms
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:25 pm

Splendid work Jo. =D>
Haydn Alarms
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Haydn Alarms » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:54 pm

Evening from Somerset

Update on Guide Dog Fund Raising. Just paid over a further £45 from recent sales thanks to Phil and JAL and the forum. Upto £2,220. Training going well.

log onto www.justgiving.com/jo-andrews4 to follow my story and make a donation if you wish.

Don't forget if thinking about buying one of our Alarms I'm donating £1.50 of every sale to the Guide Dogs.

Haydn and Webster are Celebrities and in demand!

Thank you.

Regards Jo @ Haydn Alarms
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:57 pm

Great interview on BBC Someset. =D>
Haydn Alarms
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Haydn Alarms » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:58 pm

evening from a very windy and chilly Somerset.

Fund Raising for the Guide Dogs for the Blind current stands at £4384.80 and a good amount of this has come from Alarm Sales and donations from Bongo Owners - so thank you very very much.

I been very busy with Charity Events locally and still have a few more coming up - Haydn and Webster are always very popular at the events - well Webster certainly is!!

Marathon Training is going well and just booked train tickets to travel up to London for the 24th April.

I originally set my target at £4,500 which I'm extremely close to now - however if at all possible I'm going to aim for £7,000 this will enable me to be involved in naming and sponsoring a Guide Dog Puppy. I like a challenge!

So if you would like to support The Guide Dogs for the Blind then please log onto www.justgiving.com/jo-andrews4 or get in contact with me.

Don't forget I also make a donation from every Haydn Alarm sale - so treat your Bongo to a Low Coolant Alarm, Temperature Alarm or Clock Combi and help me raise lots of money. www.coolantalarm.co.uk

I'll keep you posted on progress. Many Thanks Jo @ Haydn Alarms
Simmy
Bongonaut

Post by Simmy » Thu May 25, 2017 8:46 pm

Congratulations on the money raised so far. It will help out a lot. I too support this cause. 3 years ago I started with a problem in my right eye and needed an operation. 6 months after the op my sight was getting worse and i was told i had fuchs endothelial dystrophy and would need a cornea transplant in both eyes. I had this last September and my sight is now good in my right eye I now need the left one doing and the support I've had from causes such as this has been great and it means I can take my family away in the bongo and see the lovely sights we have.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu May 25, 2017 10:12 pm

Great to hear feedback relating to the real world, thanks for letting us know. =D>

Return to “Bongo Chat”