JCS (SW) LTD - Anyone heard of? JCSSW

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

digitalgypsy
Bongolier

JCS (SW) LTD - Anyone heard of? JCSSW

Post by digitalgypsy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:53 am

Hello Bongo friends,

Just wondering if anyone has heard of or even used JCS (SW) LTD? They have a lovely Bongo in but I am extremely skeptical about the company, they are based in Bristol and the dreaded AVON! :P Even have adverts on Autotrader http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 6294734855 but really don't think that counts for much. Maybe someone could PM and save me from a mishap please :lol:

Steve

P.S. Maybe someone recognises if the photos look 'familiar' of that Bongo
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Re: JCS (SW) LTD - Anyone heard of?

Post by Northern Bongolow » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:07 pm

look out of the front windscreen in picture 7. looks like he may have one or two lying around.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:56 pm

I've seen that yard before now, it seems to be used by several different names as well, either the same images used over and over or same seller by different names to cause confusion!
Yup see here http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 41#p647541 not sure the dealer name was mentioned....
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
digitalgypsy
Bongolier

Post by digitalgypsy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:28 pm

It's got the dodgy eBay seller written all over it. Have added the details to the other thread :)
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:01 pm

Just be careful everybody. Careless talk costs lives and causes locked threads [-X :lol: 8)

But seriously, it shouldn't be one rule for the goose and another for the (Bristol) gander. And some people have done OK buying from The Bristol Seller, its just that over their entrance ought to be writ large:

Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:49 pm

I think that dealer is actually ok. They are also in the South Gloucestershire area & operate from a unit by a fencing supply company. From what I've seen of their ebay listings, there is nothing that suggests they selling anything dodgy.
digitalgypsy
Bongolier

Post by digitalgypsy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:54 pm

Oh!! Well that's very good to know. I need to stop jumping to conclusions :| If we're quite sure that they are ok then maybe we should delete this thread...
Dr Fingers
Supreme Being

Post by Dr Fingers » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:49 pm

Was wondering as well..been thinking about a Toyota Hiace (only 'cause the boss wants shower/loo :shock:) They have quite a few there.

Derek
digitalgypsy
Bongolier

Post by digitalgypsy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:23 am

Oh, have you visited them Derek? Most likely seen on their website? I emailed about the Bongo and they said it was sold. Noticed a lot of traders do that, show a lot of their best examples as stock when they are already sold. Might be the same for the Hiace. Much less worried about the company now though.
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:56 am

Advertising vehicles they don't actually have is a common ploy with many dealers .. to get you interested and on the premises ..
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
Dr Fingers
Supreme Being

Post by Dr Fingers » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:05 pm

[quote="digitalgypsy"]Oh, have you visited them Derek?

Not yet, but will be down there in 10 days or so.

Derek
digitalgypsy
Bongolier

Post by digitalgypsy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:53 pm

Oh great. Hope you find a Hiace then! Always thought I would get one of those as well if not a Bongo. Seem like very good value for what you're getting on those and got a lot more 'character' compared to the newer Japanese imports they're pushing now.

Could you do me a massive favour if you go Derek? Would be interested to know if they have any decent mileage old shape AFTs in. Desperately trying to get hold of an old shape in this colour: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... ee_005.JPG =P~
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:14 pm

Dr Fingers wrote:Was wondering as well..been thinking about a Toyota Hiace (only 'cause the boss wants shower/loo :shock:) They have quite a few there.

Derek
I like the Hiace also and looked some nice ones over in the summer. Quite odd to climb up in to though - make sure both the boss and you are Ok with that. And you've rather left everyday-car-land with the Hiace as although they're a nice easy drive and no wider than a Bongo, they're rather longer, when it comes to parking.

One idea worthy of consideration might be the tailgate awning route. Comfortzleisure hope to be producing a super quick throwover for the tailgate before long, and I saw a cottage industry made one at this years Bongo Bash. In that private space you could easily set up your portapotti and a solar shower. I used to use an immersible electric shower pump drawing hot water from a collapsible bucket. I'd stand in a shower tray (our old baby bath!) and if I needed to, the grey water could be put in a grey water container though frankly it could just be thrown away as it was not dirty like washing up water. Worked a treat. And no need to sell the Bongo and buy another more expensive and less flexible Hiace. Mind you, the boss might not buy into the more makeshift Bongo option :roll:
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:52 pm

Hi
Derek,
You have P.M.
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Dr Fingers
Supreme Being

Post by Dr Fingers » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:47 pm

digitalgypsy wrote:Oh great. Hope you find a Hiace then! Always thought I would get one of those as well if not a Bongo. Seem like very good value for what you're getting on those and got a lot more 'character' compared to the newer Japanese imports they're pushing now.

Could you do me a massive favour if you go Derek? Would be interested to know if they have any decent mileage old shape AFTs in. Desperately trying to get hold of an old shape in this colour: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... ee_005.JPG =P~
Naa, if I buy a Hiace, you should buy my 95 diesel AFT, in Burgundy over silent silver. Spent fortunes on her.. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Derek

Return to “Bongo Chat”