Bongo Security

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Billybongo123
Bongolier

Re: Bongo Security

Post by Billybongo123 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:59 pm

Most thieves can't read anyway 😂😂😂
We love our rusty Bongo "Billy", despite his many faults!
knpenny
Bongolier

Post by knpenny » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:03 pm

I got one fitted from some great guys in rosyth, scotland, £350 if i remember, works perfect and it has the internal sensor cut of for when slleping in the bus, but a few times in the middle of the night when i'm half asleep "i gotta go pee" as forest gump would say and i set the bloody thing off, everyone within about 7kms gets woken up :oops: :lol: :lol: well worth it tho
Bongology, the study of all things bong. The bongologist. :shock:
Bongolian
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Bongolian » Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:16 pm

While this trick may or may not be suitable for a vehicle, my fave garage/shed alarm is a baby monitor.
I’ve used mains powered ones in the past, one in the garage, the receiver unit next to my bed but many are also battery powered, no doubt some clever leccy folk could advise on wiring one up to the vehicle.
They have decent range, (mine were about 20m apart) and there’s some very snappy ones available now which send a warning and video to your mobile.
You can then listen while dialling the police, or perhaps pop out to remind them not do do naughty things [-X
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:33 am

Really good idea. =D> =D> =D>
Bongolian
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Bongolian » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:32 pm

Way back when.. I have also added a hidden horn switch to a couple of my motorsickles.
Bikes suffered with terrible security and anyone with a half decent flat-bladed screwdriver and a hammer could use them as a key and off they’d go.
The idea of a hidden switch being if anyone does attack it, they can’t turn the blummin horn off.
At the very least they start attracting unwanted attention, it’s a very basic option but simply to fit too.
Either hide the switch, or leave it visible but mark it with a fake label to confuse the scumbags.. ‘ejector seat’ seems popular on this forum. :D

Return to “Bongo Chat”