Servicing Equipment Register

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

andyb36
Tribal Elder

Post by andyb36 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:53 pm

hi all,,, as im new to the bongo world,, what is a pela pump and what is it used for,, and do i need to get one :roll: ...to be honest i think the whole bongo group should pull together and help each other......i fitted a dvd screen today ...pretty straight forward....and ill be adding an alarm next week.. no problem......now to me i have something to other ,,,, and would help any 1,,,,im sure others feel the same and if we all pulled together,,, bongo life would be cheaper for all of us.....well im in leicester,,,,and any one wants any help,,,just mail me......andy ow yeh by the way,, lol i need a kitchen conversion soon lmao :P :P :lol:
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:25 am

Pela pump is one of these:
http://www.mailspeedmarine.com/tools-re ... 4535.bhtml

You don't need to get one, just it makes oil changes a lot easier, hence more likely to do on time, and it is almost essential for oil changes in gearbox/diff etc.

A lot depends if you DIY or dealer service.
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:42 am

I use a hand pump, (under £14) and I dont think I have to pump much more than you need to prime the pela?

As for equipment, I must have most sizes of sockets, spanners (apart from a 36mm which I will looking for, for doing the nick skidmore egr kit when I feel brave enough), screwdrivers include torx, 3ton trolley jack.....no, thats not the weight of the jack itself!! small ramps, and axel stands, multimeter, workshop manual, bongo/ranger workshop cd :roll: and access to the best information available for bongos....you lot, of course!! :D
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
lizard
Supreme Being

Post by lizard » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:47 pm

Excellent idea.

I also know now what a sticky is now. :wink:
There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

F Zappa
Bongo.Baz.tard
Bongolier

Post by Bongo.Baz.tard » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:03 pm

I'd have hoped this topic would have attracted a bit more of a response.
Or is it just me that thinks this is a really good idea.
Any responses from my area or will i be lending my tools to just soft sutherners :lol: :lol: . JUST TRYIN TO GET SOME RESPONSES, IMPUT,INTEREST.
Or do i assume that everyone north of the border has full garage facilities.
Last edited by Bongo.Baz.tard on Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bighairypict
Bongonaut

Post by bighairypict » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:18 am

sorry, Mr tard,

I live on the right side of the border but my kit is usually good only for my primary transport, and that has far fewer wheels than my Bongo(about two thirds less if you count the spare and the one that tells the vehicle which direction to go!!). The bongo goes to my friendly local mechanic (he does some work on my bikes as well when I don't have time so I literally trust him with my life).

If anyone can take advantage of my kit I'd be glad to join in this scheme and you'd be welcome to visit me on the east coast BBT.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:34 am

Could well overlap with the Bong Brigade - list of members willing to help out if they can, in the members area.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:20 pm

Its a great idea. It may be though that people don't like posting on an open forum about what they have in their garage. It may be they are wary about it getting broken or - worse still - anyone out there (not BF members obviously!) working out where they live and making unauthorised visits. Maybe a confidential register coud be kept, for use by members only. Don't know how it would be kept adequately secure though - any ideas anyone?
Rhod
Tribal Elder

Post by Rhod » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:56 pm

It's an excellent idea - although there's only one other Bongo locally that I know of. Like Bongo.Baz.tard my toolbox (and mechanicing skills) is more bike that Bongo orientated at the moment, but I'm more than happy to share what I do have. Bongo usable tools are pretty much limited to sockets, spanners & torque wrenches along with allen & torx keys (haven't found any on the bongo yet though) to fit a 3/4" drive. Ramps, axle stands etc will be added as funds allow.

Rhod
96' Green AFT 4WD / BMW R100GSPD
Bongo.Baz.tard
Bongolier

Post by Bongo.Baz.tard » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:39 pm

mike , never thought about that, youre quite right .
There is always someone out there lookin' to take advantage of the good sammaritan.
Can see some more thought will need to be put into this.
Rhod and bhp good to see some more people takin' an interest in what is basically a very good idea.
Would like to see something come out of this.
Ian+R

Post by Ian+R » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:46 pm

Thick or what but please guys, what is a 'Pela Pump'?
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:19 pm

Ian+R wrote:Thick or what but please guys, what is a 'Pela Pump'?
One of these handy gadgets - makes oil changes a doddle

http://tinyurl.com/2uoqol

8)
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:55 pm

See above.
Chas

Post by Chas » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:58 pm

Bongo.Baz.tard wrote:mike , never thought about that, youre quite right .
There is always someone out there lookin' to take advantage of the good sammaritan.
Can see some more thought will need to be put into this.
Rhod and bhp good to see some more people takin' an interest in what is basically a very good idea.
Would like to see something come out of this.
How about a "Can I borrow?" section people put tool wanted and area they are in and people PM if they can help. Not as public so less open to abuse.

TBH I'm always willing to help people but would rather people came to my workshop than lend out tools, I've lost enough over the years to learn that lesson.

Chas
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Re: Servicing Equipment Register

Post by bigdaddycain » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:19 pm

What a brilliant thread! Hopefully this will take off, i have a pela pump that anybody is welcome to use, i don't have any bongo specific tools to offer though, just the basic toolkit that most already possess.
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014

Return to “Bongo Chat”