Advice for water tank.

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Corden
Apprentice Bongonaut

Advice for water tank.

Post by Corden » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:46 am

Hello again!

Our bongo has a water tank and pump etc. I'm wondering how best to go about treating the system so the water can become drinkable. At the moment we dare not drink from it. Anything could be in there. At first I thought about throwing in some purification products and pumping through a couple of times etc.

Now I'm thinking twice about that. I sent a small rag down the water inlet pipe and when I pulled it back out again its had black marks all over it. Not gonna lie. A bit gross and definitely not suitable for drinking.

Do you think I can clean this any way? Pipe cleaners, purification tablets etc? Or do you think I need to be pulling the tank and pipes out for cleaning or replacements?

Thanks.
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Advice for water tank.

Post by Bob » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:16 am

The camping shops sell cleaning products fo water systems, but I'm not sure how well they would work with the level of yuk you describe.

Maybe some of the fluid they clean beer lines with?
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:03 pm

In normal frequent use then I run a purify rinse a couple of times a year. But given the amount of gunk, maybe be it would be worth replacing the whole system and start from a known clean state ? Then you will know the system is in a good state as opposed to worrying about it all the time!
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
sotal
Supreme Being

Post by sotal » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:30 pm

We were in the same situation, we just used bottled water (normally refilled from the tap) for drinking and to be honest used the bongo sink less and less as they years have gone by.

Return to “Bongo Chat”