Overheating issues with a difference!

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

fatcatlawyer
Tribal Elder

Re: Overheating issues with a difference!

Post by fatcatlawyer » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:30 pm

Further update! New head fitted and the new vehicle has life. Yes fired up like a gud un bled the system and all seems OK. Road test delayed because of stupid government tax laws. Must tax new vehicle at post office but post office ain't open on first so tried to tax it today "cannot tax a vehicle in advance" was the mantra in the local post office. You can tax it from 1st August if you want" So waste a months tax? No I just want it taxed from September.
No can do Do I get a reduction cos I cannot tax it till the 2nd. No why not Stooopid!! We will see what my MP thinks of this.
It is a tax issue that could be sorted with a simple amendment to the regulations along the lines of "Where the first day of the month is such that the post office is closed it is permissible to tax in advance of the start day on the last working day of the previous month that post offices are open"
Rant over.
Just need a road test and the a bit of welding (this is where I came in) ha ha.
Ian G
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:55 pm

Amazing ruins to rags tale FCL =D>
I Bongo, therefore I am...
Bongoing, BonGoing, BonGone
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:14 am

Well done getting Bongy sorted, and well worth giving the Great and Good a rocket. 8)
Alcohol won't solve your problems, but neither will milk.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hcF9JSxkUSE
fatcatlawyer
Tribal Elder

Post by fatcatlawyer » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:15 pm

Back on the road. Freda taxed. Tested the bleeding operation (excuse the language) and all OK. Took the Freda up winnats pass (my usual test after a bleed) Great to be driving a proper car again. An automatic where our elbows don't clash at every gear change. Vauxhall Costa provided by Direct Line was a poor substitute but as they say better than nout.

Tomorrow the cruise control will be fitted and the solar panel wired up - nearly there.
Ian G
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:23 pm

fatcatlawyer wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:15 pm
Back on the road. Freda taxed. Tested the bleeding operation (excuse the language) and all OK. Took the Freda up winnats pass (my usual test after a bleed) Great to be driving a proper car again. An automatic where our elbows don't clash at every gear change. Vauxhall Costa provided by Direct Line was a poor substitute but as they say better than nout.

Tomorrow the cruise control will be fitted and the solar panel wired up - nearly there.
Ian G
Remarkable recovery ftom the the edge of darkness =D>
I Bongo, therefore I am...
Bongoing, BonGoing, BonGone
fatcatlawyer
Tribal Elder

Post by fatcatlawyer » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:37 pm

Update (5) well I have struggled with the cruise control. A mixture of problems - dirty contacts and speed sensor connected to wrong terminal at back of binnacle! But now operational. Solar panel wired up and working. This leaves ........ fuel filter swap (bigger than original to accommodate my use of cooking oil). Tow hitch, rear reversing camera, dab radio and sat Nav so nearly there but some of these must await the cheque from insurance co!
Ian. G
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:01 pm

Well done Ian. 8)
Alcohol won't solve your problems, but neither will milk.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hcF9JSxkUSE