Sad News About Edna

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Re: Sad News About Edna

Post by Jillygumbo » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:55 pm

g8dhe wrote:Joy, I've replied by pm.

Ian, yes having now sorted myself another driver ( our Son Phil) it looks like we have another Bongonaught in the family! Just confirming dates and if it looks good then we will plan to have the event over that weekend.
Good news Geoff, if it can be done, but if it can't, then I'll be there if I can. :)
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
bongoroy63
Bongolier

Post by bongoroy63 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:38 pm

Hi Geoff, it's been touching to read the tributes to Edna and I would like to pass on my condolences to you, sorry it's a bit late. Can I just say that I cannot think of a better place for Edna to be than at Deer Leap. I lost my mum last year and Deer Leap has been my sanctuary. I go there when I need time and space on my own and by god it is the most wonderful place to get your head together and to watch the sunset. I have been there many times this year and it has been a big help to me. I drive home feeling so much better afterwards. It is only 8 miles from where I live.
I didn't know Edna but once she is there I can assure you I will be there when I can and will think of her for you when I'm there. Please let me know when you plan to visit and, work permitting, I would like to be there with you if you'll allow me.
Hope you have a good Christmas.
Roy.
I can, I do, I did.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:14 pm

Hi Roy, Yes it is a lovely place, and varies so much with the light, clouds and mists over the Levels. We would head there for a coffee or tea either heading out from Priddy campsite or back in the evening, and a couple of wildcamps whilst just passing thru. Its rare for it to get very busy, although there might be several cars parked up for walkers of course!

Many thanks for the thoughts and I hope you find as much solace up there as we did from time to time.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Sad News About Edna - Memorial gatherings

Post by g8dhe » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:46 pm

OK folks as promised I'm give an early warning for the Deerleap, Priddy and Worden Park, Leyland locations.

We are planning on holding an informal memorial gathering for Edna at the Deerleap location on Sunday 17th of April at 11:00 following the Southern Softies gathering in nearby Glastonbury. Nothing religious just a chance to remember her and scatter some of her ashes at a location that was close to our hearts.
There will be an opportunity, if you wish, to also say a few words yourselves if you have a memory you would like to share.

Similarly On Sunday 1st of May in Worden park, Leyland we will be gathering around 11:00 in the Craft gallery courtyard where we have a picnic table with a plaque to Edna located, we will also be scattering some of her ashes close to the Ice House a few hundred metres away, which was a favourite location from her childhood.
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:00 pm

Thanks so much Geoff.

We'd view it as a privilege to pay our respects.
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:32 pm

thanks geoff, pencil us in for leyland mate.
MT Tank
Bongolier

Post by MT Tank » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:33 pm

Hi Geoff, thanks for dates for Edna, I will be at Southern softies, so would like to take part in ceremony there.
Unfortunately can't make May 1st, as am a festival that weekend, but when next going north after May, will call in to Leyland.
Take care.
Trish
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:20 pm

Ok all noted, I'll message those shortly who I have on the list from before Xmas as well, just wanted to get the dates at out ASAP as I know my calendar is getting filled quite rapidly as well, never knew there were so many SUP events taking place at weekends!
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Edna Mather informal memorial gatherings and scattering of a

Post by g8dhe » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:31 pm

OK, just so that I don't miss anyone I have PM'ed those who asked but the final details here for anyone else who might like to attend;

OK folks as promised I'm writing out to all those who asked to be kept informed;

Broadwater Green, Worthing, Sunday 3rd April 11:00. Google maps https://goo.gl/maps/W32cbGPL2wB2

Deerleap, Priddy, Somerset, Sunday 17th of April at 11:00. Google maps https://goo.gl/maps/rmCfU6mpmhE2

Worden Park, Leyland, Sunday 1st of May at 11:00. Google maps https://goo.gl/maps/pDTB4MGJNXk

We are planning on holding informal memorial gatherings for Edna at the following locations nothing religious just a chance to remember her and scatter some of her ashes at a location that was close to our hearts.

The SE corner of Broadwater Green, Worthing Sunday 3rd April, where a new bench and plaque have been installed.

Deerleap location on Sunday 17th of April at 11:00 following the BF Southern Softies gathering in nearby Glastonbury.

Similarly On Sunday 1st of May in Worden park, Leyland we will be gathering around 11:00 in the Craft gallery courtyard where we have a picnic table with a plaque to Edna located, we will also be scattering some of her ashes close to the Ice House a few hundred metres away, which was a favourite location from her childhood, and the setting for her Dragon story.

I am putting together some thoughts, words and poems for these gatherings, but I would dearly love that they are not all my choices but come from all of us who cared for her. So can I ask if you have any words, thoughts, remembrances that you would like to either say yourselves, or have said at the gatherings, then let me know, the sooner the better!

Your input really would be most appreciated, but I also understand if your not comfortable with speaking yourselves.
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:02 pm

Thanks for the information Geoff. I'll be at Deerleap. I wonder if it may be a good idea to visit the Hunters Lodge Inn for lunch afterwards?
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:13 pm

Never been to that one Jilly we have popped into the Queen Victoria in Priddy village which is on the Deerleap road itself.
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:50 pm

g8dhe wrote:Never been to that one Jilly we have popped into the Queen Victoria in Priddy village which is on the Deerleap road itself.
The Hunters Lodge Inn is certainly different!
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:30 pm

Hunter's is absolutely first class. :D
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:27 pm

Sounds like that might be an idea then! We drove past it enough times so maybe time to give it ago!
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:53 pm

If there's likely to be a few of us, perhaps we ought to forewarn the pub, if we stay for Sunday lunch? I'm in!
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca

Return to “Bongo Chat”