Buying first Bongo

Margaret & Billy
Bongonaut

Buying first Bongo

Post by Margaret & Billy » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:00 am

All you Scottish Bongo owners did you buy from scottish dealership or go further south ? we have been trailing through websites online few good ones further south :) its the thought of traveling so far and something goes wrong after we buy ( we are aware its chance you take buying used car ) we are searching much info as possible as we know nothing about bongos (scary ) hopefully by september within our budget :D
HAVE BONGO WILL TRAVEL :D
winchman
Supreme Being

Re: Buying first Bongo

Post by winchman » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:15 am

I believe wheel quick in Wigan have a few happy customers in Scotland, one who returns for servicing.
You could visit Liverpool, the lakes and Yorkshire dales on the way home.
http://www.wheelquick.co.uk/
mountainmummy
Bongolier

Post by mountainmummy » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi and welcome :D

We bought our Freda from Campers Scotland in Grangemouth. We've been very happy with both the van (now on third year of ownership) and the aftercare service provided and always take it back there for our annual service and MOT.

Sara
Why, oh why did I chose such a naff forum name????
the.sasquatch
Bongolier

Post by the.sasquatch » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:00 pm

I spent ages looking and found that I could get a lot more for my money if I bought from down south. Ended up getting mine from Ian Taylor in Stoke-on-Trent, was very helpful and you get a long warranty that can be used at a local garage as they charge it back to the warranty company. He even threw in a few extra spare parts that I had asked about.

I did look at a couple up here but were far more money for what you got.
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Post by Jim the Box » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:51 pm

Ended up going to jal near Worcester, best bongos I saw in scotland were at direct campers at Kilmarnock but they were pricey compared to what I got from jal. Phil at jal did say any minor repairs and niggles would be sorted in scotland by a 3rd party, major repairs would have to be done by himself. Never had anything go wrong with my bongo whilst under warranty. I travel to the Stourport bash each year so I still use phil's mechanic in Worcester for my annual service.

Jim....
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
Dan, Angela & Devon
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Dan, Angela & Devon » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:24 pm

We searched for weeks... all the usual websites, all day (when I should have been working... :wink: ) ended up dreaming about them...
Eventually we found the perfect one through auto-trader (bought it last night!)
My tip would be to keep looking, every day, even every hour these websites get updated with new sellers constantly so just keep looking. The one we bought had only been up for about 10 hours and already they had recieved several enquiries and offers so the good ones aren't around for long!
Good luck!
Daniel.
Margaret & Billy
Bongonaut

Post by Margaret & Billy » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:53 am

Thanks for replies everyone will keep looking :) seeing Bongos in my sleep lol :D
clutha
Bongolier

Post by clutha » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:01 pm

Got ours from Campers Scotland. They have a good agent in Japan who gets quality vehicles. Our conversion is suiting us fine.
Freda now gone, :-/ But nice wee Burstner obtained ;-)
http://www.gordonbickerton.co.uk
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:17 pm

There's a dealer I know who is about to start selling vehicles with conversions in Scotland. I'll find out more details and let you know whereabouts they will be based.
Margaret & Billy
Bongonaut

Post by Margaret & Billy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:56 am

winchman wrote:I believe wheel quick in Wigan have a few happy customers in Scotland, one who returns for servicing.
You could visit Liverpool, the lakes and Yorkshire dales on the way home.
http://www.wheelquick.co.uk/
Thankyou :)
Margaret & Billy
Bongonaut

Post by Margaret & Billy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:57 am

Simon Jones wrote:There's a dealer I know who is about to start selling vehicles with conversions in Scotland. I'll find out more details and let you know whereabouts they will be based.
Margaret & Billy
Bongonaut

Post by Margaret & Billy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:58 am

clutha wrote:Got ours from Campers Scotland. They have a good agent in Japan who gets quality vehicles. Our conversion is suiting us fine.
Margaret & Billy
Bongonaut

Post by Margaret & Billy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:58 am

Dan, Angela & Devon wrote:We searched for weeks... all the usual websites, all day (when I should have been working... :wink: ) ended up dreaming about them...
Eventually we found the perfect one through auto-trader (bought it last night!)
My tip would be to keep looking, every day, even every hour these websites get updated with new sellers constantly so just keep looking. The one we bought had only been up for about 10 hours and already they had recieved several enquiries and offers so the good ones aren't around for long!
Good luck!
Daniel.
Margaret & Billy
Bongonaut

Post by Margaret & Billy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:59 am

Jim the Box wrote:Ended up going to jal near Worcester, best bongos I saw in scotland were at direct campers at Kilmarnock but they were pricey compared to what I got from jal. Phil at jal did say any minor repairs and niggles would be sorted in scotland by a 3rd party, major repairs would have to be done by himself. Never had anything go wrong with my bongo whilst under warranty. I travel to the Stourport bash each year so I still use phil's mechanic in Worcester for my annual service.

Jim....
Margaret & Billy
Bongonaut

Post by Margaret & Billy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:00 am

the.sasquatch wrote:I spent ages looking and found that I could get a lot more for my money if I bought from down south. Ended up getting mine from Ian Taylor in Stoke-on-Trent, was very helpful and you get a long warranty that can be used at a local garage as they charge it back to the warranty company. He even threw in a few extra spare parts that I had asked about.

I did look at a couple up here but were far more money for what you got.

Return to “Scotland”