Recommended Bongo garages in Aberdeenshire

PaulDeb&Freda

Recommended Bongo garages in Aberdeenshire

Post by PaulDeb&Freda » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:35 pm

Hi Folks,

as it says I am looking for someone to flush my coolant system and replace with fresh stuff. Anyone near Aberdeen who can do this?

Ta
Paul
Bongopoet
Tribal Elder

Re: Recommended Bongo garages in Aberdeenshire

Post by Bongopoet » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:01 pm

We don't know of any but suspect there are a few members who should be able to advise. There is a series of videos on how to do it though on the tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRAKOSxgbKo

Good luck
Grahame at work
Bongolier

Post by Grahame at work » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:04 pm

Hi Paul,

I have used Westhill Service Station in Elrick in the past for replacement of a couple of hoses when I didn't have time to do it myself.
They didn't get it quite right first time but took notice of the Mason alarm when it went off on the test run by pulling over and waiting. They phoned me to check and did it right second time and it ran fine after that.
I do know that they had done a head replacement before that and I'v seen other Bongos there since.
I wouldn't class them as Bongo freindly (may be needs a another member or 2 to approve them before they achieve that status) but if you get the mechanic that has done them before you should be OK.
Since then I've done things myself and for a large service I'm planing I'm going to Bill at Campercraft done in Fife.

Hope that helps - other members may be able to offer alternatives in due course.

Regards Grahame
Joanie2 has had a sex change and is remaned Bert
charlieD
Bongonaut

Post by charlieD » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:56 pm

Paul,

Mine will be going to A.J. Ross, 21 Ashley Park Lane, Aberdeen, for some work soon. Like Grahame says. wouldn't say "Bongo friendly" just yet but a mate of mine gets his serviced there and the guy didn't seem troubled at all by the prospect of working on mine. Also, no problem if you want to supply bits yourself.

Cheers Charlie
"I tried jogging once but the ice kept falling out of my glass" Dave Lee Roth

Return to “Scotland”