What a weekend!!

Moderators: Bob, westonwarrior

violetbongojo
Bongonaut

What a weekend!!

Post by violetbongojo » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:28 pm

Have just spent a very pleasant weekend at Home Farm, nr Burnham-on-sea, with a handful of bongomates. Country and Western theme. Haydn (Bessybongo) arrived about 7.30, having driven from Wales, and looking forward to getting his cowboy hat on. He didn't have it on long, about 30 mins. Then he was driving me to Weston-super-Mare General Hospital with a dislocated, fractured index finger. He then waited around with me for 3 hours (I had tripped over the kerb on the way to the clubhouse, stone cold sober at the time.) Thank you so much, Haydn. Thanks Mo, for your support and concern. Thanks Dave for fitting the knob to my wheel so that I could drive home. In spite of this we had a lovely weekend, finished off with a nice lunch with Bob and Mo. Very impressed with Home Farm, good value for money, great entertainment, and well run.
Under ground, over ground, bongoing free!
not so old
Supreme Being

Re: What a weekend!!

Post by not so old » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:39 pm

It must have been a great place, to enjoy that much despite your injury. But all's well that ends well eh! :) I will keep a note of that site, sounds really good. Hope you finger is better soon .
Things always get better after they are worse
So it's good to make things worse as soon as possible!
Bin Bongoed
Tribal Elder

Post by Bin Bongoed » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:39 pm

Another finger injury! Carol moved a concrete plant urn, I went out in the dark to check on Mr Bongo, then tried the horizontal flight pattern! Major graze ... well, tiny graze ... Ah, well, nothing as dramatic as a trip to the hozzy! Sorry to hear about your injury, sorry we missed Burnham!

Best wishes to you both! Geoff & Carol
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:42 pm

violetbongojo wrote:Have just spent a very pleasant weekend at Home Farm, nr Burnham-on-sea, with a handful of bongomates. Country and Western theme. Haydn (Bessybongo) arrived about 7.30, having driven from Wales, and looking forward to getting his cowboy hat on. He didn't have it on long, about 30 mins. Then he was driving me to Weston-super-Mare General Hospital with a dislocated, fractured index finger. He then waited around with me for 3 hours (I had tripped over the kerb on the way to the clubhouse, stone cold sober at the time.) Thank you so much, Haydn. Thanks Mo, for your support and concern. Thanks Dave for fitting the knob to my wheel so that I could drive home. In spite of this we had a lovely weekend, finished off with a nice lunch with Bob and Mo. Very impressed with Home Farm, good value for money, great entertainment, and well run.

I can see the problem here Jo, if you'd have started drinking earlier, you'd have been ok :wink: Hope you're doing ok & glad you guys had a good weekend, see you at Woodlands 8)

Geoff, has carol recently increased your life insurance cover? :wink:
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
Bin Bongoed
Tribal Elder

Post by Bin Bongoed » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:49 pm

missfixit70 wrote:
Geoff, has carol recently increased your life insurance cover? :wink:
I'd better check. And the travel insurance!
Bongoozler

Post by Bongoozler » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:52 pm

Glad you all had a good w/e and that your fingers on the mend Joe.

Hope to see you soon.

Tim
northerntaff

Post by northerntaff » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:00 am

Well I'd missed the fact that you guys were meeting up at Home Farm so it was a coincidence that we were there for the Fri/Sat night with friends. We hadn't got the awning up when Mr and Mrs Janner Vanner were round to check out our credentials :wink: :lol: :D . We chatted to them a couple of times and met up with a new non BF member who'd had a Bongo for years but never heard of the club :shock: :lol:

We were intending on coming down to chat to you all on Sunday morning...but after my little snooze in, I was told mid morning by my daughter that three of you had pulled out in convoy !! Bugger!

Anyway, glad you and your finger enjoyed the weekend :wink: . I agree that Home Farm is a nice site. We were quite close to the road, but it wasn't too bad, and the facilities etc were excellent.

Looking forward to finally catching up with you at Woodlands next week :D

Now rest that finger up (not literally, that could be rude depending on the finger :lol: )
violetbongojo
Bongonaut

Post by violetbongojo » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:15 pm

What a shame we missed you Northerntaff, had to be off our pitches by 10 am, or would have incurred extra charges. Will try and say hallo next time. Sorry about your hand Geoff, hope to catch up with you and Carol soon. Nice to hear from you Tim, haven't seen you and Chris for ages, where have you been hiding? Might see you at Stourport. Looking forward to to 'fireworks' at Woodlands, Kirsty, it should be a good bash. See you all soon!
Bessybongo
Bongonaut

Post by Bessybongo » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:13 pm

Hi Pals, yes Jo & I had a nice spell at the Hospital Friday night, I new there was something wrong when I saw that Jo's Finger was facing backwards! #-o the rest of the week was good, good Live Band, Fab food at the Garden Centre, Very nice weather concidering that it gave (very wet & windy conditions for that weekend) however it did rain as I arrived Home, Best wishes to the Gang! and can't wait to see the one's that could not make it, Geoff & Carol where were you! and so near? nice to see that Tim and Chris are still on the Planet, I miss you Guys!
and hope that Dave as sorted out his Wheels,
JO PUT YOUR BEST FINGER FORWARD Ah Ah,
From Haydn

Ill Scream and shout!
from the Mountain Tops!
and Walk Quietly and Peacefully in the Valleys.
westonwarrior
Supreme Being

Post by westonwarrior » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:12 pm

I drove past home farm at least 4 times last weekend :?

If you had said you were going to stay there we would have come and annoyed you.

did you visit Weston and see our new eye?
aitch
Supreme Being

Post by aitch » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:19 pm

heard the new eye is only a small eye?? is that true??

sorry to have missed you all hope you had a good time fingers getting better?

catch you next time I hope!!!
Be nice to everyone they might be nice back.

Come to the dark side we have chocolate dark chocolate
westonwarrior
Supreme Being

Post by westonwarrior » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:44 pm

no its big , not london eye maybe but was not 2 years late
drove over to Penarth to see if it could be seen from there and it can
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:02 pm

Hi all. firstly I must say a big thankyou to Haydn for his help and effort in restoring my Bongo to roadworthyness. To cut a long story short, Haydn had one of these Road Angle punchure repair outfits with him and used it on my front offside tyre, I must look into purchaseing one of these kits, they're GREAT

For those who know I didn't have a very good week end. On our return to Torpoint I managed to get an emergancy appointment to see my GP on Monday. He prescribed stronger pain killers to quell the pain I have been experienceing in my hip due to a trapped sciatic nerve. Not good, as I have been suffering from a bad reaction to the one tablet that I took on Monday Eve. It wiped out my Parkie medication and i've just gone thru a few days I don't want t repeat ever again, I'm only now getting back to normal. Next stop is an Osteopath.

Hi Jo, Roseanne and I hope your finger heals very very soon and I was glad to have helped in my small way.

Also my thanks goes to those who suffered my moaning when asked how I was, sorry, I must try and keep my ailments to myself.

Northantaff, it was great to meet you, have you heard from our little friend from Cardiff?
The Janner Vanner
northerntaff

Post by northerntaff » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:41 pm

edward holman wrote: Northantaff, it was great to meet you, have you heard from our little friend from Cardiff?
Nothing as yet Edward, but I'm not sure how long they were away for so maybe he's not yet back home. He's got my details so knows how to get in touch when he wants to. :D
violetbongojo
Bongonaut

Post by violetbongojo » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:54 pm

Sorry to hear you have been so poorly Dave, I could see you were struggling on the weekend but it was great to see you both. I didn't notice you doing any moaning, I was doing quite a bit of it myself.

Looking forward to seeing you both soon.
Great weekend!
Hope you feel better soon.

Return to “Rest of the West”