Rest of the West Mini-Meet

Moderators: Bob, westonwarrior

Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Brokers Wood Do

Post by Bob » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:27 am

[

I was pleased to finally meet the legendary Miss Fixit, who steered us around the group in a very professional manner. Also Violet, Joe, Bob, Hayden the alarm man (our "Tiki" came with coolant alarm fitted by JAL) and several others. Like MadMile, my memory was blunted by the cold in the fresh breeze at dusk!

Paul[/quote]

Strange to say to wasn't the cold which blunted MY memory.
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Re: Brokers Wood Do

Post by missfixit70 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:33 am

Bob wrote:Strange to say to wasn't the cold which blunted MY memory.
Trouble is your memory is filled with bawdy songs, everything else must just get flushed out :wink: :lol:

Good to meet another new member Paul, & glad you guys survived the night, I think you got a bit lucky there, it was definitely milder than the night before, hopefully get to know you all in a proper bongo manner (slightly blurry & very slury :wink: ).
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
tattoodaisy
Bongonaut

brokerswood

Post by tattoodaisy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:29 am

Hope everyone got home safely.

Thanks to all for a great weekend, made really welcome
and met some (in my teenager's words) 'cool' people.

Now have a list of wants/needs -incuding a baby hammock(even though I no longer have a child to fit)

I awoke to Bob singing 'British Beef' in my AFT on Sunday morning-thanks to my son's recording.
(video link to be posted shortly)

Hope to get to Woodlands and repeat the experience.
spe llink d*ue to Kirsty's sloe Brndy!
tattoodaisy
Bongonaut

Post by tattoodaisy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:31 am

when I said 'repeat the experience' I wasn't referring to 'Bob' singing in my AFT !
spe llink d*ue to Kirsty's sloe Brndy!
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:25 am

Thanks goes to Paul for organising a memorable week end and congratulations to you both. It was great to see old faces and a pleasure to meet new ones. Kirsty, Bob and Sue, Madmile, Bongo Louie, tattodaisy, sorry to those I haven't mentioned. Thanks also goes to Simon for his help in my hour of need. We must remember to pack the tourch next time. It was near impossable to find the birthday venue without one. Sorry if i woke anyone up when i left to go to the car boot at 6.30 Sunday morning, you didn't miss much.

Mrs D 21 again?

the very very happy couple

we hope to see you all again at Woodlands

Dave and Roseanne
The Janner Vanner
bongoing-mad-simon
Bongolier

Post by bongoing-mad-simon » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:38 am

hellooo what a great weekend we had,thanks to Paul for organising it and congratulations, it was great to meet everyone old and new faces .BIG thanks to Bob Parr and his expert bongo bleeding on the hard shoulder near Exeter,other wise we wouldn't of made it,not forgeting his 10 litres of water from his conversion, all this happened because my bottom hose came off.
Also a BIG thanks to Hadyn Callow for fitting me a coolant alarm as soon as i arrived on site , peace of mind on the way home.
Last but not least another BIG THANKS to everyone for helping to move the awning as i was half a metre to close to Keefysher , in what can only be described as breezy conditions :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (see crazy's photos).
And Dave it's a pleasure . Looking forward to next time :D :D :D :D :D
Simon

I'm Bongoing mad R U?
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:48 am

:D Here`s a couple more piccys for you of my phone,
one of the Bongo Saturday orienteering club in just one of the pubs found !
I think this one is the Prince of Wales in Dilton Marsh (in Bobs good beer guide :P ).
The second is a very sweet picture of two young lovers enjoying a hearty Bongoing breakfast :P

When I get home tonight, if anyone else hasn`t already posted some, I try to put on video of Kirsty doing her stuff :shock: AMAZING :shock:
cheers! party on dudes.
coco bongo

Post by coco bongo » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:04 pm

Brilliant stuff, you all looked like you all enjoyed it :D

Shame me and mrs coco couldnt make it, would have loved to see kirsty's fire display. Any chance of you coming to woodlands to show off?.

Hope you had a good sleep in that caravan Dave!, she looks a good un'.

Well done Paul!

Darren.
bongoing-mad-simon
Bongolier

Post by bongoing-mad-simon » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:21 pm

missfixit70,
thanks for the awning and your displays are fantastic, pitty about the weather next time you'll have to teach me how to fling the poi :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Simon

I'm Bongoing mad R U?
Bin Bongoed
Tribal Elder

Rest of the West mini meet

Post by Bin Bongoed » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:52 pm

Well, what a good event. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, great people too. Some real characters. As meet virgins we didn't know what to expect both from the weather and the meet, but whatever the weather, this will not be the last we attend.

The cold and windy weather will be forgotten in the future, but the warm glow of a great experience will be long remembered.

I can add my voice to thanking Paul, well organized even though he obviously had his hands full, if you catch my drift.

Here's to the next bash.

Geoff and Carol (the first bongo on the right as you entered the field)
Gungadon

Rest of the West Mini Meet

Post by Gungadon » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:25 pm

Don and I were day visitors on Saturday and it was great to break the long winter with a bongo event & meeting up with old friends and new. :D We bought a coolant loss alarm and clock from Hayden so I look forward to much swearing from Don as he attempts to fit them! Even tho' Rosie might have looked a bit sorry for herself with her wobbly legs she really enjoyed it and her pub lunch and was a different dog by the time we got home. Loved Jenny and Hayden's Eriba and much impressed by Dave and Roseanne's palace! Unfortunately we didn't meet Kirsty who I'm completely in awe of. From the postings so far everyone enjoyed it and well done Paul for making the arrangements -
Hope everyone got home safely.
Shirley
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:10 pm

Sorry for the photo size, but photobucket have "upgraded" their editing system over the weekend :roll: , & now none of the changes I make to photos seem to be saving properly, just spent ages resizing photos & obscuring numberplates, & when I link to the photos I've edited, they come up as original :evil:
Anyway here's a few I took

The walk back from the pub was just too much for Scully, Shouldn't have had that third pint :wink:
Last edited by missfixit70 on Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: brokerswood

Post by Bob » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:12 pm

I awoke to Bob singing 'British Beef' in my AFT on Sunday morning-thanks to my son's recording.
(video link to be posted shortly)

Glad you clarified that one, started reading and thought 'Oh no, this'll take some explaining'.
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:33 pm

That's why I always try & remember to lock the bongo once I'm in bed, had a wierd experience at a camp last year with a man in a pair of y fronts turning up at my van last year :shock: I don't think being woken by one of Bob's little ditty's would be much of an improvement on that :wink: :lol:
Bin Bongoed
Tribal Elder

Kirsty!!

Post by Bin Bongoed » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:13 pm

You can't just leave it there, Kirsty!

Return to “Rest of the West”