Rest of the West Mini-Meet

Moderators: Bob, westonwarrior

Andy W
Bongonaut

Post by Andy W » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:16 am

Well lets hope i don't take the rain down with me tomorrow. I can tell you now, i won't even remember that many names when i get back home :oops: Im not good with names and faces but it will still be good to meet whoever is still down there when i get there.
You know when you've been Bongo'd .
BONGO-LOUIS

Post by BONGO-LOUIS » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:59 pm

reporting live from brokers wood. :roll: weather windy but dry.....for now

met some lovely people. have yet to meet crazy uncle grey??????????
who apparentley likes his cider so we have hid ours.
:twisted: THE BABY IS ON TOUR.....when the dark night falls,the cider will poor.BONGO ROCKS..

BONGO-LOUIS
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:13 am

We popped in for a few hours this afternoon. Good to see some new faces as well as some old friends. It was a bit chilly there & unfortunately we didn't get a chance to explore the park. Hope the weather brightens up & everyone has a safe journey home.

Simon & Coralie
BONGO-LOUIS

Post by BONGO-LOUIS » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:30 am

Hey simon credit where due great conversion and nice to have met you shame you could not stay good evening spent by all.

BONGO-LOUIS

ps met crazy and his lovely wife kerry great couple and yes very funny person.
Andy W
Bongonaut

Post by Andy W » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:25 pm

Me and Jan were glad we popped in to meet a few of you and thanks to everyone who let us snoop round their Bongos. Well its made my mind up that i do want one. Even Jan was impressed :shock:
So when funds are made available we will be on the look out for the right Bongo. Would be good if its before your next big weekender.
You know when you've been Bongo'd .
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:51 pm

Just got home and before we unpack I just had to thank everyone who made my birthday so special. The party was a lovely surprise - my thanks to Crazy & Kerry, Paul & Sue, Simon, Buffy, Kirsty, of course, Dago and everyone else who conspired to keep it a secret from me.

Here's some pics:

3 of the conspirators:

Bob singing to the party

All the Bongoliers in full voice

Crazy and Dago (or Crazy and Crazier?)

Earnest conversation time of the evening:

Fire swinging Kirtsy

Thanks again. :lol:

Mrs. D
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:50 pm

Just got home from The weekend at Brokerswood and I would like to thank EVERYBODY for the great time we had also thanks to Paul for setting it up, it`s a nice little spot . The weather was pretty kind as well considering the forcast I thought, see you all again soon.
Here`s a few shots of the weekend fun, just click to enlarge

cheers! party on dudes.
haydn callow
Supreme Being

Post by haydn callow » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:53 pm

Good to meet you all...Haydn & Jen
http://www.coolantalarm.co.uk
Developer of the Mazda Bongo Coolant loss Alarm
Also BMW Clocks
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:59 pm

What can I say? What a weekend, what a great crowd, what a fantastic time. Thanks to everyone for making the weekend what it was, and Boy From Brasil for organising, congratulations on your news.

We'll be back

Bob and Su
moo n' mad

Post by moo n' mad » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:08 pm

Glad to see everyone got home safely. :D

Glad to see you eventually surfaced Bob, we were off a bit early for you this morning. :lol:

We've had a wonderful time, it was great to put names to faces and thank for all the tips.

A very big thanks to BFB for organising.....same time same place next year BFB :?:

Hopefully see you all again at the National Meet, in the meantime keep in touch.
madmile
Supreme Being

Post by madmile » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:09 pm

Really glad I popped in on Saturday - nice to put a few faces to names. Met Kirsty, Egor, Crazy and Kerry, The Dagos, Simon, Jannervanner, the two Haydens plus a few others I am sorry for forgetting at the moment.
A real freindly bunch (I honestly did not expect anything different having dealt with bongo people for the past few years). I was alsmost wishing I could book in for the night - I say almost as I didnt thaw out until I got to the severn bridge, and the rain and wind I was driving into had me keeping my fingers crossed for you all.
Hope you had a good last night and look foward to joining in properly on a warmer event :lol: .
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:51 pm

I haven't started my homework yet Ed :wink: ,I think it'll take a few days before I can move again properly, really good to meet you, cracking conversion, hopefully catch up at another meet.
Brilliant weekend , great to meet everyone, the weather was much kinder than expected, even stopped blowing a gale on saturday night in time to see Mrs D's birthday in with proper candles :wink:
Thanks everyone for making it a good weekend & I apologise for any sloe induced headaches :lol:
I'm not even going to try & name names for fear of getting them wrong & upsetting someone :oops: Never have been good at names.
Roll on the next one \:D/
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:41 pm

Sounds like you guys had a pretty good time :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder, do the Bongo Tribe have a problem grasping the concept of the British Winter? Apparently so :lol: :lol: :lol:

Must get my lazy arse darn sarf sometime 8)
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:10 am

You missed a good'n Mike, the weather really wasn't too bad. We had a BALL.
Windswept
Bongonaut

Brokers Wood Do

Post by Windswept » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:13 am

Well, we made it to meet some fellow lunatics!
Rolled up at 5 on Saturday, to find a Gaggle / Clutch / Flange / whatever the collective for a gathering of Bongos is. Several were sporting flags and even a twin windmill on Keith's super W-reg! He said that was for little Amelia, but we suspect he is a suppressed hang-glider :lol:

We comprised Paul (chief culprit in getting a Bongo, and the writer of these ramblings), Emma - long-suffering wife & supermum to - Imogen, our 11 month old bundle of energy with a huge appetite for food, windy weather and new things to explore :D
Many thanks to Keith, who showed us round his new palatial awning, gave encouraging advice, & introduced Imogen to little Amelia. They seemed to hit it off quite well.

I was pleased to finally meet the legendary Miss Fixit, who steered us around the group in a very professional manner. Also Violet, Joe, Bob, Hayden the alarm man (our "Tiki" came with coolant alarm fitted by JAL) and several others. Like MadMile, my memory was blunted by the cold in the fresh breeze at dusk!

We were unfortunately too late to pitch at Brokerswood, so we had already set up our ancient awning at Blackland Lakes, about 15 miles North. We spent Saturday evening panicking, scouring much of Wiltshire for a hook-up lead, but to no avail. So we were pleasantly surprised to survive our first pretty nippy night in Tiki without heat. A contrast to our earlier experiences in a VW Type 2 :roll:

We popped in at the Self-Build exhibition in Swindon on the way home - a nice idea if you can find a vacant plot in the South for less than a £million :wink:

A real pleasure to have met you all; we'll be at later Gaggles, I'm sure, so good luck to all till then 8)!!

Paul
Blue/Silver AFT, named TIKI, the Hawaiian God of fair winds & good fortune.
Plus a Quechua Base.

Return to “Rest of the West”