silverdale cheers harry

Moderator: Muzorewa

Kath & Ian

Post by Kath & Ian » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:18 pm

just to confirm we have brought the space saver we were asked to take home and dumped it with the rest of the rubbish at the side of our house and is awaiting being taken to our local coucil tip site, just wanted to clear our names :D

ian
granitetim
Bongolier

More Pics of a great weekend

Post by granitetim » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:57 pm

Click on the thumbs for large sizes. Hope this is ok!!
Last edited by granitetim on Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:27 pm

Great pics Granitetim :wink: Cute cat too...how did you manage to keep him/her in the bongo? Cats dont exactly do as they're told do they?
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
granitetim
Bongolier

Post by granitetim » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:07 pm

Cheers bigdaddycain. It was his (Harvey)1st outing in the bongo but he is a house cat so doesn't stray far,he did get a little braver as the weekend progressed but no further than the awning. He is looking forward to the spring now as we all are!!
LaBongoo

Post by LaBongoo » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:03 pm

Great meet and great weather :wink: Nice reg plate Dabs :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to the next one! :D

I bet Blue and Ozzie haven't had so many walks by me and my brother eh, Dave? :lol: :lol:
Bantamman

Silverdale

Post by Bantamman » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:47 pm

Hi everyone, just like to say thanks to all. My first time at a meet,loved it. Only came for the day but ended up staying over. Thats why had to do flyer sunday morning,sorry I could'nt say bye to you all.
Special thanks to Harry, Pegleg, Tim wife & cat and the Pie eaters, they know who I mean.
By the way all the pic,s are brilliant, my van never looked so good but truely thay do justist to beautiful area. Maybe we should have poto competiton.
Bye for now.
Torchwood

Post by Torchwood » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:54 pm

Maybe we should have poto competiton
Didn't actually notice anyone smoking the stuff but a few of us appeared to be having a drinking competition! :D :D :D

TORCHWOOD
Harry
Supreme Being

Post by Harry » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:04 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Now I'm really embarrassed (and I'm pretty thick skinned)
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

The success of the meet is down to all who attended..making it a pleasure to be there, not giving me any hassle and mucking in whenever required.

But of course it couldn't have happened without the 'usual suspects' from the North West mafia and our adopted Yorkshire Tykes. In particular (but in no particular order...Dabs & Dave B&O for always being around with extra gear, practical help & support, Brian Bongoplod (who supplied my new rabbit) and AlanT for electrical bits/lighting), Gillian & Pegleg Pete (kids entertainment), Jackie..Storm ( bongo public relations tour guide and pole dancer extraordinaire) and of course Torchwood for his masterclass and Mike for once again kicking off the musical entertainment.

There were 48 forum members/families there for all or part of the weekend with 43 bongos on the field at one point on Saturday afternoon.
29 stayed both nights, 8 just Saturday night and we had 11 day visitors.
The newest members were June & Steven from St Ives in Cornwall who only picked up their bongo on Thursday but we also had members from as far away as Kent, Bristol and Bridlington.

I'm really pleased that the Jacobs join on Friday Night was such a success...we were still trying to finish off (without success) on Saturday night and on Sunday. Thank you everyone for your generous contributions...pies..hotpots..soup...chilli and lots lots more...especially Pete and Sue who supplied a bottle of bourban which certainly kept me warm (and a few others) over the weekend.

The Jumble/Auction practically sold out of stock before the start...thank goodness for BigDC or we'd have had nowt to sell. Most pleasing sale for me was a bongo front grill with a free grab handle. The customer, being slightly tipsy, wondered why no one would let him cook his sausages on it!

The campside warden made a great suggestion for next time...a coffee (in my case very stong, black and with 2 asprins) morning about 10.00 on Sunday so we have a chance to say our goodbyes 'en mass' and effectivley extend the weekend 'social' a little longer.

The weather was not as I had ordered it so unfortunately the kids kite competition was abandoned before it got started. Also the sun was far too bright with a Sunday morning hangover. Apart from that we didn't do too badly for October. By Sunday evening it started to drizzle and its been intermittent heavy rain all day around here today.

Mentioning kids...once again they did us proud, provided many magic moments and caused no problems. Well done. Sorry if one or two things didn't run as planned but nobody seemed bored.

If anyone has lost a blue fold up chair Dabs has it (see seperate post)..other than that there was virtually no litter left on site and we cleared up fairly easily..thanks to everyone.

The spacesaver issue is covered elsewhere but I'll just point out that the reason that the farmer didn't want them left is that he pays the council by weight for his rubbish which is compressed into bales for removal...a bit difficult and expensive for him to dispose of them.

The feedback from the farmer and the warden was very positive indeed and we've been invited back next year, I'll look at some dates and see what can be done...I'll be quite happy to organise another one about the same time of year.

Thanks to all for your super photos...my meagre offering will follow in due course as and when I can once again work out how to post them. I've now got one of the sunset photos as my screen background.

Sorry about the mammoth post. See you all again in March at Cartmel I hope...if not before at a NW day meet.

cheers

H

ps Wayne....sorry to hear about the bump and very releived your all ok...but we all want to know why you didn't get the RAC to bring the wreck to Silverdale...we could have auctioned off the parts and you could have bought a new bongo outright. :roll:

cheers

H
Last edited by Harry on Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://watcherswildlife.co.uk

Towing a shed with a Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6hdi vtr+
Bantamman

Post by Bantamman » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:28 pm

Ok Torchy, my spellings crap but I did notice one van that smoked bit.Think it may have been a white Freada.
rushmon
Bongonaut

Post by rushmon » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:41 pm

Hi there all.
Well what an absolutley FANTASTIC set of photos from everyone!!!
I was really disappointed when i realised i couldnt attend due to prior
commitments but now im absolutely gutted!!
Looks like everyone had a great time in a beautiful place,and look at that weather!
Sorry to hear about the accident Wayne,hope you are all ok &the Bongo not too bad!
On the plus,side over the weekend along with the local roundtable we(the band & i)helped contribute to raising over a wopping £5000 for the Air Ambulance Service so that made up somewhat for missing the meet!
Il have to look forward to the next one,well done Harry it looked
AWESOME!!!

Each time i get in,it just makes Grin!!!
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:57 pm

Harry

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Look forward to another one at Silverdale.

Good idea from Mike the warden,we could make it last a few hours and then wouldnt have to rush off to vacate pitches by 12 noon !!

Brian n Jean
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
carlioll
Bongonaut

Post by carlioll » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:10 am

"make IT last a few hours" ? I am lucky if I last 5 minutes these days. :)
Torchwood

Post by Torchwood » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:01 am

I did notice one van that smoked bit.Think it may have been a white Freada
Bantamman -

I won't tell anyone if you don't - I mean surely opium oil is a form of vegetable oil? :D

TORCHWOOD
TeeDee

Post by TeeDee » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:30 am

I am SO envious!!!!!! FANTASTIC photos! Looks like you all had such a great time! Hopefully next year I can actually book some weekends off of work and get to some of these meets.
Torchwood

Post by Torchwood » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:33 pm

Hope this works - struggling with Photobucket! :oops:

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff16 ... sunset.jpg

Return to “North West”