Steam Gathering weekend 30th-31st July

Moderator: Muzorewa

daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Re: Steam Gathering weekend 30th-31st July

Post by daveblueozzie » Fri May 13, 2011 3:18 pm

Would love to come to the meet, but unable to do so. #-o I will be on my holiday from the 27th [-X .
Going to see Micky Mouse in Florida :shock: :D .
Lost without my Bongo.
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Fri May 13, 2011 8:53 pm

Nice one Dave/The Shadow - look forward to meeting you and your family again.

That is the last of my hook-ups as it stands. but hey guy's it is in July...it will be kind to us.

DBO I just don't know Florida! Man you don't know what you are missing lol! Have a good break and fun mate x

Jox
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:22 am

To bring this thread out of Friday the 13th maybe… Although it doesn’t seem like it right now.

Last weekend Chris and I went to Pooley Bridge and decided we need to go slightly bigger. What with his knee he broke a few years back and wanting to take the grandchildren away now they are growing up. So very sadly we will at some stage soon be parting company with our beautiful girl :o( I know there is nothing out there to compare with the character of a Bongo, but needs must. We had thought about keeping her, but it is not really practical having a full conversion as a run around.

We won’t be leaving BF though we have made some good mates on here and enjoy the meets and will continue to organise the meets at Allithwaite. Where of course anything goes from Electric bikes, Dabsuar's, tents, motorhomes, caravans...Oh and let's not forget Bongo's :o)

Jo
snow_kiter
Bongolier

Post by snow_kiter » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:30 pm

Hoping this meet is still on now you are Bongoless :(

Please can I book in. Dont need leccy.
Thanks P.
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:07 pm

We are not exactly Bongoless 'yet'. The meet is still on look forward to seeing you there. Even when we do sell the Bongo, Chris and I will remain in Bongo Fury. We have made some good friends and had some good laughs which we wouldn't want to lose :lol:

Jo x
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:13 pm

Well friend's the weather up here is looking terrific much needed rain tomorrow after comparative drought in the lake district lol.

I am hoping to take Karen and Alan to the Steam Gathering on the Saturday. Any other singles who want to come with us?

Anyone is very welcome to turn up on spec.

Jo x
bongobaz
Tribal Elder

Post by bongobaz » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:23 pm

Wish i could its a great spot with fond memories i will come to see you all soon i hope. Give my reguards to all at the Pheasant missing the old local.
Always be ready for a Top Up!
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:23 pm

Allithwaite is quite forlorn without you Baz and you are missing the almighty steam gathering!

Just to bump this up a bit friends, anyone is very welcome to attend you don't need to have a Bongo although I hear in some circles it helps <violent koff> :roll: lol Anyone is welcome to come along, Bongo, caravan, tent, teppee, harem, motorhome lol..... We are here to have fun. All hookups are taken at £12 a night so non-hook ups are £10 a night. It is for a registered charity. Anyone will get a very warm welcome if they just turn up on spec.

The weather for that weekend according the cattle and sheep around here is looking brilliant, the fella's haven't let me down yet and they did us all proud at Easter! I am not planning a Jacob's this time, it is much more fun to pick on someone's awning and point "your it". Ok ok we haven't had time to fix our gala tent yet but we do have the village hall we can fall into, handy also if anyone on non hook up wishes an electrical boost we can make it happen.

Incidently folks, we have another refurbished pub reopened here now, bit of a shorter walk. We haven't tried the food out there yet but it an ok boozer (Yes we tried the beer). If anyone has any fun suggestions apart from the line up we have let me know

Jo x
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:27 am

i would have thought some-one turning up with a harem would pretty much cover the fun sugestions Jo. :lol: xxx
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:56 pm

LMAO Karen, if only my foot could reach my mouth these days...

Jo xx
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:12 am

Anyone going on Thursday??

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:16 am

I can be there Brian a dare say a couple of others will be also mate. Let me know what time you want to arrive and I will be there to welcome you.

Jo x
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:36 am

yee hah thanks to northern bungalow and miss fixit i will now be attending this meet in -----------wait for it ------------

the bongo. =D> =D> =D>

ps was i down for hook up Jo, doesnt matter if not, just dont know what to pack.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:12 pm

karena wrote:yee hah thanks to northern bungalow and miss fixit i will now be attending this meet in -----------wait for it ------------

the bongo. =D> =D> =D>

ps was i down for hook up Jo, doesnt matter if not, just dont know what to pack.
Great news :D SOunds like there's an interesting story behind that one :wink:

Mike
xxxx 8)
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:09 pm

my poor bongo has had a life reflecting my own over the last year wer,re both old and past it -been a catalogue of disasters -problems with dvla over ownership problems with insurance a £700 bill for bits and pieces for MOT he said the middle exhaust section wasnt too good and would need to replace it in the next few months then the tailpipe dropped off -i disovered this when i was moving my furniture and the van filled with fumes.luckilly bought the both sections deal from fury shop as the few months for the middle section turned out to be a few miles - but the main issue has been the alternator local garage sent to a refurbishers then put it back on -twice - a pattern developed charge and sediment light came on intermittently or sometimes didnt go off when i started up - then gears didnt change engine stalled on hills then wouldnt drive at all - Ady and kirsty came over with a spare took the old one off put it next to the spare and it was immediately obvious they were different sizes even to an idiot like me -which leaves me with no evidence that it was the refurbed one that was the wrong one and not the original and no alternator to part ex -suffice to say me and the bongo nearly parted company - but new exhaust new alternator and shes back to her old self i am compiling a list of other bits to do but i wouldnt have a clue what to do without help.

Return to “North West”