New Owner

Moderator: Ian

daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:28 pm

In Japan in the colder climate they have two batteries linked together for starting in sub zero temperatures.
A leisure battery is totaly different it is not used to start the engine only to run the inside lights,ciggy lighter,blinds,radio,ect ect.
Lost without my Bongo.
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:51 pm

DBO is spot on. Unless yours is an already converted Bongo, the second battery is part of the Winter Pack, sold in the North of Japan, where the temp at worst hovers around -15 to -20.

Never needed here but a good base model to start with if you need to fit a lesiure battery set-up. Saves finding the space inside to stash a battery.

Good choice.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
Blutac

Post by Blutac » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:58 am

hi

thanks for all the posts !! i am getting really excited.

i think i may have the winter pack as i remember seeing a switch with an engine on it. could that be for the pre heat starting thing ? hopefully i wont need that.

i'm sure i'll have more questions after i've picked it up.

the meets sound like fun. we'll have to come out to one or two this year.

i still have to pinch myself every so often, i've bought a bongo :D
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:15 am

hi, you will most probably never use the winter pack over here.
best thing to do it ditch the second battery and put in a leisure battery with a split charge relay, then you can transfer the blinds cig lighter and other electricals onto the leisure one then theres no chance of it not starting. i think the winter pack can cause a few problems but im not entirely sure on that one. others will no doubt correct me.
we always have good fun on the meetings. the northwest/yorkshire crew seen to be the most active members and theres quite a few booked up already this year. once youve got the buzz you cant stop. had ours 2 1/2 years and i still want to drive it all the time.
there may be some photos in the north west/yorkshire and fancy meeting section to see what we get up to on a bash.

http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... hp?t=16740

this is the last mad one we had, unbelievable weather but we still carried on.
the people on here are quite amazing,very helpful and a friendly bunch.

hope to see you soon
mike jo and emma
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:35 am

If I may be so bold, my outlook as a new adopted parent of a Bongo may be of interest.. .

http://www.travelblog.org/Europe/United ... 23571.html

Theres many more of these to come!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
Blutac

Post by Blutac » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:56 pm

Hi again .....

just called lifesure, great quote for insurance so thik i will go with them. i currently use budget and they just said no imports !!!

Dreamwarrier : i like the idea of the leisure battery. i dont quite understand the split charger thing tho. how long would a leisure battery power a laptop for ? (to use as a dvd/music player ?). i'll be able to get my kite buggy in the new van too !!!

Mister Munkey : i'll have to get my little lads bear called dweezil and start a blog like yours :-)

cheers Dave
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:13 pm

the split charge relay basically charges the leisure battery up while the engines running and prevents the starter battery from from going flat. how long it runs a laptop depends on quite a few things, size of battery, what you have connected to your lb and what power your laptop needs.
btw 2 kite buggies fit in the bongo (i tandem them with people in the rear one) but since ive converted my bongo they have to go on the bike rack.god knows where im gonna pack my kites when were out bongoing. where do you fly roundhay or up to fraizy.
theres quite a few of us kite fly on here and my kit normally goes to the bashes where we have a bit of fun.
gonna hope for some decent wind this year with no rain.
theres a kiteflying thread about on here where a few members post.
youll probably know of a few of them.
take care and any more questions get em on here
lambchopuk

Post by lambchopuk » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:38 pm

i know where you could put your kites dreamwarrior,
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:31 pm

Welcome 2u guys - you'll love 'em. Remember to HOLD BACK on the excitement and channel that energy into lifting the engine covers and bonnet. getting to know all about what's under there (especially the coolant system issues) and ensure it's in good nick and ready for the road. You have a little time until Spring arrives. Use it wisely as when Spring DOES arrive, you will want to be off on the road BIG STYLE.

Enjoy! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blutac

Post by Blutac » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:34 pm

Hi Mikeon4bc

It's coming will full MOT so hopefully will be trouble free for a week or two !!

have been reading lots on here and will probably be asking all sorts of silly questions when i get it

cheers dave
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:44 pm

Well done blutac old m8 :lol:
kloonsy
Bongolier

Post by kloonsy » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:47 pm

Well done Blutac, you wont regret it
Blutac

Post by Blutac » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:03 am

I can pick it up saturday !!!!!!!

yippeeeeeee :D :D :D
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:01 pm

Blutac wrote:I can pick it up saturday !!!!!!!

yippeeeeeee :D :D :D
Great news. You could do worse than drive it round to one of the many BF experts around Leeds to see if they might give it the once over (nothing serious, just lift covers and ru na practised eye over it). Can't do any harm. If you you ask nicely on here someone might put the kettle on :wink:
trekie

Post by trekie » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:32 pm

hi blutac,
welcome to the nuttery. the first main job on your new van is get an alarm fitted :!: bongos are easy to break into so protect your investment. look forward to meeting you :lol:

cheers

alex and jan

Return to “Yorkshire & North East”