Body work recommendations in Northwest?

Moderator: Muzorewa

OtleyTheCatbus
Apprentice Bongonaut

Body work recommendations in Northwest?

Post by OtleyTheCatbus » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:26 pm

Hi All,

Gonna give Adrian at Japan Direct a call tomorrow (thanks to another thread here for the recommendation). But just putting this here in case anyone else has other tips?

I've finally reached the point where those ominous but ignorable little bumps on our lovely 03 friendee are un-ignorable. Anyone on here had their sills and arches done by someone they would recommend? Ideally not too recent (i.e. you can reassure me they didn't fall off or start rusting again a few months later! :P ). I'm in Lancaster but always happy to travel for a strong recommendation. If you are happy to share what you paid then brill but I appreciate not everyone is always happy to share that.

Thanks in advance!

Joe
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Body work recommendations in Northwest?

Post by Bob » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:52 pm

Worth asking Bongo Spares for a price. Rishworth, near Sowerby Bridge.

They are well thought of on here. 8)
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:30 pm

Have a look at THIS :wink:
OtleyTheCatbus
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by OtleyTheCatbus » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:01 pm

Thanks Muzorewa and Bob. This is a brilliant recommendation. I know of bongo spares of course - how can you not but good to get their reputation confirmed.

Ours isn't anywhere near as bad as that (at least I bloody hope not - been consistently reassured by my garage that the bones of the van are solid and dry, its just the bodywork that is rusting.... we'll really find out now I guess!

For context I've got a battered old zafira as our second vehicle and I've just been quoted £800 for a new clutch (and a few other things). I'd much rather put that (plus some!) towards keeping a brilliant van on the road then delaying the zafira's death by a couple of years.

Hearing you say about puttng another 300 miles on yours has been helpful too. We bought ours at 100k and are on about 125 now. With us going down to it being our only vehicle I'd expect us to put about 20k on a year. With some TLC I'm hoping we can keep it going for years to come!!

The real question is... can I resist getting the whole thing resprayed :P

Return to “North West”