Fantastic Campervans Dairsie

vanvliet
Supreme Being

Fantastic Campervans Dairsie

Post by vanvliet » Sat May 17, 2014 10:54 am

I rang this outfit on Thursday asking if they had any good second hand driver/pass seat sets and was told that this would not be a problem and that they had a set in stock and the price would be £60 for the pair and I was assured that they were in good condition with no rips or tears. I said that I would take them and would collect on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. I took time off work to go up to Dairsie to collect them yesterday .When I arrived the salesman was busy with a customer but one of the fitters working on a van pointed out a set of seats in a partially stripped Bongo which he thought were for sale. They were not perfect but looked as if they would be OK after a good clean. The salesman (apparently 'Saul's father' according to the fitter) came across and told me that he was the one who spoke to me by phone and the pair of seats in the van would cost me £200. He said that the only seat he had other than this was sitting in the corner of the yard . I looked across and saw a seat which was badly ripped and covered in engine oil .It had mould /rust on the frame and had obviously lain there for months. I used a few choice expletives with this chancer and left .
Would I buy anything from this bunch? Not a hope. I just pity some poor sod who buys a campervan from them and then encounters a problem - - - - - - -
Origo bio stove - no Bongo!
vanvliet
Supreme Being

Re: Fantastic Campervans Dairsie

Post by vanvliet » Sat May 17, 2014 11:01 am

Follow up - I have just been offered a pair of great looking seats from a breaker for £60 - -
Origo bio stove - no Bongo!
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Post by Jim the Box » Sat May 17, 2014 5:46 pm

Had a look at their vans when I was buying a bongo, first impression they seemed nice tidy vans, saw a couple they were converting which looked really ruff and not of a good standard,which put me off buying from them. Some on the forecourt were as much as 10 or 11 thousand pounds, and when I saw the standard of vehicle imported by the likes of JAL, Ian Tayor, direct campers, 321 etc, I gave the Dairsie mob a wide berth.
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
Hayzo69
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Hayzo69 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:28 pm

Has anyone any experience of using these guys for servicing/repairs?
I've been to their place to have a nosey at Bongos but thought they were
Really pricey too. They seem to be the closest dealer to me.

AndyH
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:39 pm

What's you location cause Gary at campervans in Grangemouth get a good report.think mountain mummy used them drop her a line for info
Driver+Passengers
Supreme Being

Post by Driver+Passengers » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:49 pm

I was in Dairsie enquiring about unconverted 4WD Bongos - I was told by whoever it was who ventured out of the office that I should look in the windows to see if a van was converted or not and then to look underneath the front to see if there was a front driveshaft or not - now, I'm all for educating people, but... :shock: [-X . We picked out one and then the guy sat in what he might have liked to consider as "our" Bongo, smoking his cigarette.

I was not impressed, and left fairly promptly.
Image Image
What she doesn't know won't hurt me.
Hayzo69
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Hayzo69 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:41 pm

Cheers for the info
I'm up in Muirhead (Just outside Dundee).
They did seem a bit iffy (Dairsie place).
When we were there it took them all their time to actually open the Bongos up.
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:30 pm

The place at Grangemouth sells bongos etc ,believe he gets quite a few diff models give him a ring,advertises on the fury ads
hotcrossbunny
Bongonaut

Post by hotcrossbunny » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:16 pm

I bought my van from dairsie 3 years ago and have had fantastic treatment from them. The owner brian had always been very helpful with any questions I have had. The odd taking problem has been sorted out quickly. I bought the van as a ready converted model that he had done for someone else who traded it back to him for a bigger motorhome. I have a high top which is very well fitted out with cupboard space and myself, 2 teenagers and 2 dogs have done loads of trips in it covering many many many miles.I would have no hesitation in buying from them again.
Hayzo69
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Hayzo69 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:52 pm

That's great to know. I'll give them a shot when it comes to service time.
Have they done a good job with the underseal?

Return to “Scotland”