Snapped rear anti roll link in Portugal, parts?

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

eppiblue
Bongolier

Snapped rear anti roll link in Portugal, parts?

Post by eppiblue » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:45 am

Hi
Just realised I've snapped the linkage left rear. Question is, would this part be available on the continent given its from a bongo, in other words do other vehicle makes use the same links? If not I guess I need to order one online and have it courier over?

Thanks for your advice
'Vincent' - 1996 P reg - Green - 2.5 TD - 4WD - Likes: Diesel, Bitumen and Snow.
teenmal
Supreme Being

Re: Snapped rear anti roll link in Portugal, parts?

Post by teenmal » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:09 pm

Check out the Compatible Parts Database, might help you.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:30 pm

Hi
E-mail Ian for the bits from the Club Shop....he's expert at mailing bits for distressed Bongos....but in the mean-time, spray some WD40 over the area, as the bolts often are stuck in...do it several times while you await the parts
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:16 pm

I can send you one, no problem, just phone the office. There are various postage options available, but BE WARNED we will only offer this service to paid-up members of the club. After all you wouldn't phone the AA if you weren't a member, would you?

But you might be able to source one locally. The links are the same as on a Ford Galaxy.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:56 pm

Ian wrote:I can send you one, no problem, just phone the office. There are various postage options available, but BE WARNED we will only offer this service to paid-up members of the club. After all you wouldn't phone the AA if you weren't a member, would you?

But you might be able to source one locally. The links are the same as on a Ford Galaxy.
But are the brackets the same? You might get a garage to make one from mild steel in an emergency, and the bush by wrapping bicycle inner tube!
Velocette
Supreme Being

Post by Velocette » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:14 pm

mikeonb4c wrote:
Ian wrote:I can send you one, no problem, just phone the office. There are various postage options available, but BE WARNED we will only offer this service to paid-up members of the club. After all you wouldn't phone the AA if you weren't a member, would you?

But are the brackets the same? You might get a garage to make one from mild steel in an emergency, and the bush by wrapping bicycle inner tube!
Or maybe weld up the snapped one if it is the shaft.
[url]http://germanshepherdrescue.co.uk/[/url]
eppiblue
Bongolier

Post by eppiblue » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:48 pm

mikeonb4c wrote:

Thanks, ill get on to it. I'm a paid up member of bongofury, is that what you mean?

Emergency? Doesn't seem too much of an issue for now but would be good to get sorted. Am I doing any damage driving around without it fixed?
'Vincent' - 1996 P reg - Green - 2.5 TD - 4WD - Likes: Diesel, Bitumen and Snow.

Return to “Techie Stuff”