south west of england

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

Furydav
Bongolier

south west of england

Post by Furydav » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:55 am

Hi, im looking to head off to the south west for a week at the start of July and have been scoping out some campsites.

Im considering the Riverside campsite at South Molton as a base to travel down to the likes of Bude but also across country if i want.

has anyone stayed here or have an experience of the campsite or area?

thanks in anticipation
flossie
Tribal Elder

Re: south west of england

Post by flossie » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:59 pm

I would suggest you might look for somewhere a bit further West simply because Cornwall gets VERY busy esp if we actually get decent weather and the A30 can only hold so many cars lol; there are a couple of sites at Perranporth which are really nice and they are only a short walk from the beach and the Watering Hole (the pub on the beach which is a must visit) ... 3 miles of sand

A point to note, Cornwall are changing their dogs on beaches rules it would seem and I have noticed more and more which state dogs on SHORT leads for July and August (Perranporth being one of them) ... Ive considered asking for a similar rule for children but not got round to it yet :roll: :o :lol:
Liz
'99 V6 White over Silver - as yet unconverted but I may be converted!
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:21 pm

flossie wrote: ... Ive considered asking for a similar rule for children but not got round to it yet :roll: :o :lol:
Hi
Oh, that's the most sensible thing I've heard for ages, and something Tony and I have said for years..... 8) 8) 8) 8)
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Furydav
Bongolier

Post by Furydav » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:00 pm

Flossie, thanks for the local info. 're the area you suggest have you any idea how long it will take me to get down there from the Worcester area when the A 30 is busy in the summer? Thanks

Return to “Campsites”