Tell me about... 12v fans!

Questions, tips & observations about taking your Bongo over the water.

Moderator: g8dhe

bongobikers
Bongonaut

Tell me about... 12v fans!

Post by bongobikers » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:48 pm

We're taking our Bongo adventuring through Europe for a few weeks, and having lived on the Med I'm want to take a fan with us (keep the night temps down and the mossies away).

We'll be doing some wild camping, so with that in mind does anyone have any suggestions for a decent 12v fan? My thinking is that it needs to hang in the roof or sit on the conversion if sleeping in the van. I've discarded window suckers (so to speak) because I know the better half likes her privacy, so will want blinds down.

I've already been pointed towards Fan-Tastic Super-Breeze as the daddy-o of plug-in fans, but I don't think we'll have enough room in the roof (and £80 for a fan smacks a little).

At the moment I'm thinking of this Vango (which also masquerades as an O2-Cool portable fan in the 'states: http://www.singersoutdoors.co.uk/catalo ... -p3088.asp) but I'd appreciate some thoughts from more experienced Bongonauts!

Thanks in advance. :)
Earth without art is just Eh?
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Re: Tell me about... 12v fans!

Post by francophile1947 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:21 pm

bongobikers wrote: At the moment I'm thinking of this Vango (which also masquerades as an O2-Cool portable fan in the 'states: http://www.singersoutdoors.co.uk/catalo ... -p3088.asp) but I'd appreciate some thoughts from more experienced Bongonauts!

Thanks in advance. :)
I've got one of those - O2 Cool. I bought it a couple of years ago, from Asda, for £7.99. If I'm totally honest, it's not very efficient, probably due to the small blades, and makes quite a loud humming noise.
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)

Return to “Going Abroad”