Stone chips and rust points

jsalcar
Bongonaut

Stone chips and rust points

Post by jsalcar » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:50 pm

Hi again everyone! More questions, sorry! Anyone knows what is the best way to repair stone chips and rust points on the body of my Bongo? Is there a kit I can get or anyone would recommend? How do I find the right colour and the right paint? Should I sand the rust away, then put primer etc? What should I do?

ah! and one more thing! Anyone could recommend me a garage to under seal my very much loved New/Old Bongo. I am near Inverness.

Thank you all!

Jorge :D
Viva el Bongo!
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Re: Stone chips and rust points

Post by MountainGoat » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:50 pm

From your other post in the Bongo Chat Section I could not tell that you were in Evanton. While Donald and the Brora Mifia will no doubt know what is available in his neck of the woods I would say that you are deffinitely nearer to Dave_Aber and Highland Campervans than Donald. Just depends on which one that they recommend to you.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
vanvliet
Supreme Being

Re: Stone chips and rust points

Post by vanvliet » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:15 am

I think that Ian ( Bongo boss) can supply cans of 'touch up' paint in standard Mazda shades but I have always used a local supplier to the trade .They have a special matching process which takes into account colour fade but of course you need a spray kit to apply it Pay particular attention to trying to treat rust using chemical / anti rust agents .In my experience it always comes back and the only way to beat it is to cut or blast it out :( Prevention is best - - - - -
Search on Google for treating car body rust advice
Origo bio stove - no Bongo!

Return to “Scotland”