Hello from Chevigny in France

Questions, tips & observations about taking your Bongo over the water.

Moderator: g8dhe

technophobe
Tribal Elder

Hello from Chevigny in France

Post by technophobe » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:41 pm

Hi All!

Yup :D sitting on a campsite by a lake close to the middle of the town in just shorts with with a glass of wine in my hand. Brilliant :=D> Cycled 30 km this morning, had lunch on site then went for a walk, and to top it all it's my birthday again #-o which I try not to celebrate in UK. We bought the ingrediants for supper fresh in the market this morning.

Thought I would post this to give you all confidence that Bongos are smashing reliable vehicles and brilliant to drive, and economical too, getting 32 mpg which is better than my middle son's Honda :shock:

Found some brilliant economical campsites this one in Chevigny and one in Gennes on the Loire. Given up 4* sites for 2* and 3* much cheaper and less regimented. The one in Gennes would make a brilliant summer camp as they accept groups.

Best wishes to all
Richard & Jo

1995 SGL5 Black over silver clear windows
dvisor
Supreme Being

Re: Hello from Chevigny in France

Post by dvisor » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:27 pm

Can't be bad! We'll be heading through there in a few weeks and looking for a site for a one or two night stopover, depending on what's around. Any chance of a few more details? :D
Two tonne tin drum
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Re: Hello from Chevigny in France

Post by mikexgough » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:20 pm

technophobe wrote: The one in Gennes would make a brilliant summer camp as they accept groups.

Best wishes to all
Sounds a Plan....any chance to find out more?
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic

Return to “Going Abroad”