Mould in roof tent

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Geoff Drucquer

Mould in roof tent

Post by Geoff Drucquer » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:17 pm

I've used the roof tent during the winter and had to close it when wet. Now have quite a lot of mould on the inside lower panel. How do I get rid of this? (I have picture, but don't know how to show it)?
ScotsNick

Post by ScotsNick » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:24 pm

PM me and I'll post it up for you.

Nick
pippin

Post by pippin » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:19 pm

There has been quite a bit of discussion on this with various products being recommended.
Bumbly1

Re: Mould in roof tent

Post by Bumbly1 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:26 pm

Geoff Drucquer wrote:I've used the roof tent during the winter and had to close it when wet. Now have quite a lot of mould on the inside lower panel. How do I get rid of this? (I have picture, but don't know how to show it)?
I had no success with Bongomasters suggested fluid so I will watch this thread with interest! Not much help to you I know.

Tom
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:17 pm

Ours looked quite spotty over the winter and we sprayed it with "Dettol Mould & Mildew Remover" which at the time didn't seem to make much impression on the marks. However, when we put the roof up at the Bash I noticed the spots are much much paler - don't know whether it was the cleaner that did the trick or whether the hot weather helped. Might give it another spray and see if it eradicates it completely.

Mrs. Dago
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:28 pm

I believe that dettol mould cleaner is bleach based, so will make the stains appear paler, would be wary of over doing it though- may weaken the fabric :cry:
Image Pete
Bongoozler

Post by Bongoozler » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:34 pm

I used the Dettol stuff, a good scrub and a rince, with marvelous results. Have to wait to see if it alll falls to pieces though.

It Does contain 'Active bleach', "no nead to scrub" - it says!

Tim

Return to “Techie Stuff”