Few pix of our day out yesterday because .......

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Alison01326
Supreme Being

Few pix of our day out yesterday because .......

Post by Alison01326 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:26 pm

.... I probably wouldn't have done it if we didn't have a Bongo to do it in!!!!

Not for the first (or last) time this week, yesterday dawned grey and drizzly (albeit mild). I'd promised Isaac a visit to see his girlfriend, then a picnic (while said girlfriend had her lunch & a nap), then crabbing when the tide was right and I remain convinced that had we had our old car (a Fiat Multipla) I would have changed the plan and probably gone home at lunchtime. Part of the reason that we wanted the versatility of the Bongo is that the boy suffers badly with cabin fever within about an hour of waking up in the morning :roll:

I suppose the point of this is that I am just feeling smug, once again, as a Bongo owner although I don't really need to advertise this point to anyone other than those contemplating Bongo ownership (so I hope you are reading!!)

Lunch with a view (OK, so it's an hour and a bit after low tide!!)

Feet up after lunch

and a bit of fresh air

off to the swings

and the main event

Tea break for Isaac's "in laws"

Emptying the borrowed bucket of our first haul (17 crabs)

The view from the back of the Bongo at high tide

Second haul

Rinsing the bucket (well, an excuse for a lovely pic of Mylor Creek :wink: )

Ducklings coming to say goodbye

Oh yes, and a photo of the Bongo, sort of because there's something in the way!!

And the point of my posting this lot?! We were there for six hours and the Bongo gave us somewhere to have lunch, somewhere to use the loo, somewhere to entertain friends, somewhere to get warm when the wind whipped up mid-afternoon, somehwere to make several cup of hot drinks and somewhere to stand up and get changed out of wet clothes (no, he didn't fall in - he sat down!!). If I'd been on my own it would have been somewhere to sit with my feet up, reading a book with one eye over the top watching the tide come in.

I'm having one of those days where I'm just so glad that someone designed something as wonderfully versatile as the Bongo and so glad that I have got one to do so much with (from a wonderful holiday a few weeks back to going to the tip which is later today's job :( )
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Re: Few pix of our day out yesterday because .......

Post by New Forest Terrier » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:37 pm

Wonderful Alison. Pure glossy travel magazine perfect day. :D

If the Telegraph gets hold of these , the popularity of Bongos could skyrocket even more. :roll:
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
not so old
Supreme Being

Post by not so old » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:43 pm

Lovely piccis, of an obviously lovely day :)
Things always get better after they are worse
So it's good to make things worse as soon as possible!
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:03 pm

That's what it's all about Alison =D> =D>
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:05 pm

We won't tell the Telegraph about the on-off drizzle squalls all day and the chilly breeze from mid afternoon because they don't exist when you have a Bongo :wink:
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”